If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Rottentomatoes ratings not displaying

tplesetztplesetz Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello,

I have recently updated to the Plex for iOS 4.0 and I am not seeing any rottentomatoes ratings in my app. My server, running on Mac OS Yosemite, is on version 0.9.12.8. Is there any server-side configuration that needs to be done in order to see these ratings?

Thanks!
Tyler

Best Answer

Answers

• tplesetztplesetz Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for the quick response! My issue is resolved :)

• philvidlerphilvidler Posts: 14Members Plex Pass

any guides for setting this and chapter info for iOS up ?? checked freebase agent can't see anything about rotten tomatoes :/ am running latest unraid plexus release, please help!

• philvidlerphilvidler Posts: 14Members Plex Pass

have fixed, unraid container wasn't updating properly, deleted container re-installed and bingo :)

• BendraBendra Posts: 194Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 2015

RT Ratings implementation is very neat! Nevertheless, what I don't like is that they are replacing the regular rating (stars) completely if they exist. So I never see my own ratings again if there are RT entries...

What was the conceptual intention by doing so? And is there a way to see both?

• neillawrenceneillawrence Posts: 6Members ✭✭

I'm still not having any luck with this - have followed the steps above but still no ratings showing

• WilliamGWilliamG Posts: 440Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@neillawrence said:
    I'm still not having any luck with this - have followed the steps above but still no ratings showing

Are you sure you did a FORCE refresh after enabling the Freebase agent? (not a standard refresh - since that won't look at already-there/metadata-d media).

• MValleeMVallee Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I can't get the ratings from Rotten Tomatoes to show even with the Freebase agent enabled. I forced a refresh on my library and I still can't see them. Do I have to have The Movie DB dragged below the Freebase agent in the settings?

This new feature is only available with one of the latest releases of Plex Media Server. Are you running the latest release already?

@MVallee said:
    I can't get the ratings from Rotten Tomatoes to show even with the Freebase agent enabled. I forced a refresh on my library and I still can't see them. Do I have to have The Movie DB dragged below the Freebase agent in the settings?

• MValleeMVallee Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Bendra said:
    This new feature is only available with one of the latest releases of Plex Media Server. Are you running the latest release already?

Ya it shows I'm up to date.

@WilliamG said:
    Are you sure you did a FORCE refresh after enabling the Freebase agent? (not a standard refresh - since that won't look at already-there/metadata-d media).

Yep, did that a number of times - the one with the warning it might take a long time

• iainrriainrr Posts: 5Members ✭✭
    edited August 2015

Yep, I have the same problem.

Rotten Tomatoes ratings not showing in new iOS app, despite doing a proper force refresh of my library (several times now). I have also restarted the Plex Server, and fully closed and relaunched the iOS app (as well as deleting the app cache a few times). Still not showing.

Plex Media Server version 0.9.12.8 running on OS X Yosemite, latest iOS app v4, Freebase agent enabled in settings.

[edit] Also just tried uninstalling iOS app, restarting phone and reinstalling app - still not showing [/edit]

• MisterJTMisterJT Posts: 2Members

I am also having this issue. Plex server is up-to-date and running Windows 7 64bit OS. iOS apps are updated as well

Does the fact that this topic is flagged as 'answered' mean that no one will help? Anyone fancy joining me on a new thread?

@neillawrence said:
    Does the fact that this topic is flagged as 'answered' mean that no one will help? Anyone fancy joining me on a new thread?

Here is one still not answered. Including "wrong RT ratings" and "not showing RT ratings at all":

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/993360#Comment_993360

OK, I disabled the RT agent I'd installed, moved Freebase up to 2nd choice (under local media assets) and did another force refresh and that has worked

• Grown-upsGrown-ups Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm getting RT ratings for maybe 60% of my movies, and the rest keep the star rating even after refreshing multiple times. Not sure why some do and others don't - for instance The Amazing Spiderman (2012) keeps the star rating, while The Amazing Spiderman 2 (2014) updates with the RT rating. The ones I've checked have accurate RT ratings.

• khaledalmoayedkhaledalmoayed Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been trying to find an answer on the forums on why my Rotten Tomato ratings aren't being displayed either. I made sure freebase and rotten tomatoes are enabled and did a force refresh; I still don't see any tomato ratings. I'll attach screenshots of my agents list incase i'm doing something wrong and someone can spot it!

@khaledalmoayed said:
    I've been trying to find an answer on the forums on why my Rotten Tomato ratings aren't being displayed either. I made sure freebase and rotten tomatoes are enabled and did a force refresh; I still don't see any tomato ratings. I'll attach screenshots of my agents list incase i'm doing something wrong and someone can spot it!

Remove the first entry "Rotten Tomatoes". This is not an official Plex agent, since the RT rating has been implemented in the Freebase agent with the current release if I am not wrong. Remove it and try again.

• printgeekprintgeek Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the same problem, but I never installed the Rotten Tomatoes agent. Does anything here look suspect?