If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Camera Upload duplicates backup photos

tvguy25tvguy25 Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am using the latest iOS app, on a Linux Mint server with 0.9.12.8

I have used Camera Upload a lot, and have thousands of photos backed up, across 2 phones. I put backups from each phone in a separate photo library.

Issues noticed:
-No settings were preserved from the previous iOS release
-When setting up Camera Upload on the new app, I was not asked if I would like to continue uploading or start over when I selected an existing photo library (this is an option the previous app had). It defaulted to starting over, which started duplicating thousands of files.
-Before I stopped it, it had started uploading pictures that had already been backed up, but using a *.jpg extension now instead of the *.JPG that is common on iOS. As I am using Linux, which it is case sensitive, these are new duplicate files.

Please fix these issues
Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• jhnnlsnjhnnlsn Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having a similar issue. When uploading photos it is duplicating photos if I turn off camera upload then turn it on again. the photos are suffixed with a -1 in the name. It would be nice to have an option to "overwrite", "create copy", or "do not upload duplicates" by name option

• tvguy25tvguy25 Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

jhnnlsn: I have observed duplicate uploads in the past as well, but this is a different issue.

I'm surprised that no one else has noticed the photo backup file names changing from *.JPG to *.jpg under Linux. Can anyone using the new app on iOS and using Camera Upload (with a Linux server) confirm my finding?

If using the *.jpg file extension is the future, I can batch rename all my photo files, but it's a bit disturbing as the native file name of photos is *.JPG under iOS..

Thanks

• j_r0ddj_r0dd Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am also having this same behavior with the FreeBSD server. Since the app update it keeps duplicating all my photos with .jpg instead of .JPG.

• UncleDreddUncleDredd Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Happening for me, too. Can we get an update?

• tvguy25tvguy25 Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

With the recent update to the iOS app to 4.0.1 and the server update to 0.9.12.11 I was hopeful for a fix, but no dice..

After activating camera upload into an existing photo album, it immediately began uploading duplicate photos with the *.jpg extension, instead of the standard *.JPG extension. Can this bug be acknowledged by someone on the Plex team? Camera upload used to be very useful; now, not so much..

• thedenethorthedenethor Posts: 127Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass

Same here. I think we really need overwrite with same file option.

Server: My Build , Syno DS1812+ 8x3TB, DX513 5x4TB,TBS 5990 Dual CI SAT, Win 10 U1 x64

Clients: 2xMac Mini, 2XrMacbook Pro 15", rMacbook, iPad Air, iPad3, iPad Pro, iPhone 6Sp/6/5, Lumia 1520, Note5, S7 Edge, Panasonic 55VT30, aTV4/5

• xilverboltxilverbolt Posts: 2Members Plex Pass

I too have this problem. I just signed up for Plex Pass earlier this month specifically for the camera upload feature. If there is no resolution for this I'm going to cancel my subscription, since I don't need the other features. Camera Sync sounded so nice.

• bangwall79bangwall79 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have same problem, and I don't really know when photos are duplicated....

• YosemiteJeffYosemiteJeff Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Also having duplicates created before a single initial sync completed. Please address this bug soon!!!

• andrewdean84andrewdean84 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Me too. please fix

• UncleDreddUncleDredd Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any plans to resolve this one? Problem for me, too, on my iOS 9 device backing up to my Synology Diskstation server.

• jarmengoljarmengol Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i have a problem with the resolution of camera upload.
    I download photos from iphone to nas with camara upload (plex pass) and resolution of photos is not the original. On iphone resolution of the photo is 5mb and after download to nas the same photo is 2'5mb.
    It's posible to download at the same resolution?
    i'm looking for options of resolutions of photos but I don't find it!
    Help!
    Make copy of all photos from phone to nas on bad quality have no sense!
    Thank you

• ger5000ger5000 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Was this ever resolved?

• novacrazynovacrazy Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Still getting this issue.

• dbreiny@gmail.comdbreiny@gmail.com Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2016

This is really frustrating. Each time I open Plex on my phone and have Camera Upload enabled it re-copies ALL the images to the backup directory. I now have 6 versions of all my pictures and had to turn off the feature. Please fix this as soon as possible as I really like the feature.

ReadyNAS 516
    Plex 0.9.12.19
    Plex on iOS 4.0.9

• alxnewalxnew Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I experimented the same problems, but in continue way, the photos duplicate many of them until 10 or more.

• stevemarriestevemarrie Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have played around with this for months! Duplicate photos are driving me crazy - where is the fix!!!!

• donald@flissinger.comdonald@flissinger.com Posts: 56Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here, is there any fix?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
  • Terry CinemasTerry Cinemas Posts: 915Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Seems to be an ongoing problem that gets no responses from devs

Chris

Old username: CMTAHM

- (4) Rokus
    - (3) iPads/ 1 mini
    - (1) Windows 7 x64 PMS
    - (1) PHT
    - (1) MacBook Pro
    - (1) GTV NSX-40GT1