Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Howto enable automatic subtitle download

Hi, and sorry for that. I am not able to get the automatic subtitle download to work with the informations i found in the web. What i have done is:

Settings - Server - Language:

• Subtitle always on
  • preferred language (English)

Settings - Server - agents - movies - freebase:

• Local Media Assets (first place)
  • opensubtitles.org (second place)

I created an account on opensubtitles and added the username and password in the settings window. I also added english to the first place to download.

Now i updated the media library but there is still no subtitle. Is there something i missed to get the automatic download running?

Thank you very much for your help.

Answers

• alhatmyalhatmy Members, Plex Pass Posts: 47 Plex Pass

plz help ..

• rppetrichrppetrich Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

@susi.loma@gmail.com said:
    Hi, and sorry for that. I am not able to get the automatic subtitle download to work with the informations i found in the web. What i have done is:

Settings - Server - Language:

• Subtitle always on
    • preferred language (English)

Settings - Server - agents - movies - freebase:

• Local Media Assets (first place)
    • opensubtitles.org (second place)

I created an account on opensubtitles and added the username and password in the settings window. I also added english to the first place to download.

Now i updated the media library but there is still no subtitle. Is there something i missed to get the automatic download running?

Thank you very much for your help.

I followed the same steps (as listed in Plex Support) and still can't get subs to work.

• samip537samip537 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 27 Plex Pass

I got it working by downloading an external plug-in and installing it for subtitles. It's called Subliminal. You can find it at: https://github.com/bramwalet/Subliminal.bundle

Hardware running Plex: CPU: Intel Core i7, RAM: 16Gb, HDD(s): 4,5Tb & VMWare ESXi with Intel Xeon 5130 @ 2.00GHz (dual-core CPUs) and 8Gb of RAM (4Gb allocated to Plex VM, plus all CPU cores)
    Clients: iPad, OnePlus 3, Laptop, Desktop and Samsung Smart TV.

• earl.greyearl.grey Members Posts: 4 ✭✭

its not working for me either. worked before ike a sharm. after updating flex it stopped working.

therefore there has been some changes made by the developers.

please fix that, so we can fetch automatically subtitles with a proper open subtitles.org account

• johnhaupjohnhaup Members Posts: 1

Is this thread dead? I am having the same issue. Please make subtitles work!

• PushitPushit Members Posts: 6 ✭✭

Same here. Furthermore: I cannot get local subtitle files (.srt) nor subtitles from OpenSubtitles to work. Hence, no subtitles what so ever.

• funglennfunglenn Members, Plex Pass Posts: 74 Plex Pass

i tried subzero and cannot get that to work in 1.4 either...

My equipment : ReadyNAS 516 server with Apple/Windows clients

• thahulsthahuls Members Posts: 1

@samip537 said:
    I got it working by downloading an external plug-in and installing it for subtitles. It's called Subliminal. You can find it at: https://github.com/bramwalet/Subliminal.bundle

Which steps you followed to make it work? I installed the plug-in but still nothing works