If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Pandora plugin not working??...

I am not sure that this is an issue or just a "feature" but i have a pandora one account so i can use the pandora channel on plex. I am successfully signed in as needed and my stations are listed fine. What i can't seem to figure out is why the stations only seem to play the songs that i have thumbed up on them over and over. At first i thought that was pretty neat that i could pick the song that i wanted to start the station with, but after i realized that the same songs were playing repeatedly it wasn't neat anymore. How do i get plex to play my pandora in a normal random way like pandora naturally does?

Tagged:

Answers

• cmacwillycmacwilly Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same problem. Did you ever figure this out? I have RasPlex connected to my TV all the time and I would rather listen to Pandora through Plex as my Samsung TV takes an annoyingly long time to get to the apps and then start Pandora.

• GreatBazunkaGreatBazunka Posts: 4Members ✭✭
    via Email
    Yes. It seems that Pandora just didn't work the way you would expect through Plex. It loads 12 songs at a time and you have to keep reloading it to get new songs. I ended up switching to a roku with Plex which works much better.

On September 19, 2015 5:30:49 PM EDT, cmacwilly wrote:
    >I have the same problem. Did you ever figure this out? I have RasPlex
    >connected to my TV all the time and I would rather listen to Pandora
    >through Plex as my Samsung TV takes an annoyingly long time to get to
    >the apps and then start Pandora.
    >
    >--
    >Reply to this email directly or follow the link below to check it out:
    >https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1021898#Comment_1021898
    >
    >Note: Your signature will be included when replying directly by email
    >unless you remove it first. Attachments will not be included when
    >replying.
  • TyNavarreTyNavarre Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Adding my voice to this. I love that you can select and re-listen to songs but hate how you are limited on the number you are able to play without interaction.

• rustlingrustling Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Well that is depressing.

I can't get the pandora channel to stream to any remote apps other than the browser one. But from the sounds of things it's a wasted pursuit to get it fixed since it's fundamentally broken.

I was hoping to use Kodi with plex, but that seems to also not work very well.

• avelis26avelis26 Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I too sure would like this fixed. I use RasPlex for each media center in my home and it would be SO wonderful to simply load Pandora when I want to listen to music.