If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to delete playlist folder?

mrCrumbSnatchermrCrumbSnatcher Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sometime ago I imported my iTunes library into Plex. This included my iTunes playlists which sometimes were contained within folders. I wanted to delete all of my playlists, which I was successful (wish there was a bulk delete though). My issue now is that I cannot find a way to delete these empty playlist folders. Note that these empty folders only display on my iOS device and not on the web player. Does anyone have any idea how to delete these folders? I went ahead and deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPhone, but the folders are still there. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Answers

• HuntingBears01HuntingBears01 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Does anybody have a solution for this? I have the exact same problem.

• PackingItPackingIt Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is there a solution for this? The empty folders are quite annoying, and not being able to delete them even more so. How do I get rid of these empty folders?

Just to add, if this is currently a bug, and it is not even possible to delete the folders, that would be useful information as well.

Ok, so the lack of a reply would indicate that these empty folders can't be deleted currently. Can the Plex devs please acknowledge this bug, and confirm if a future update will allow us to delete these folders?

• mrCrumbSnatchermrCrumbSnatcher Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would like to know as well. Thanks in advance Devs.

• epeckhamepeckham Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here, empty playlist folders visible in the iOS app but not in the web interface. Resetting the cache in the app does not resolve the problem.

Any one come up with a work around to delete this folders? Also, would love acknowledgement from the Devs of this issue and that a fix will be provided. Thx.

• phanguyphanguy Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is a problem for me too. Would like a fix for this please!

• booreebooree Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

tap the folder .. swipe screen down to discover the buttons tab at the top .. includes DELETE

• cookandycookandy Posts: 30Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

i'd also like to know if there is a fix for this. i have the same problem on plex 0.9.14.4.1556-a10e3c2

• JayDzJayDz Posts: 26Members ✭✭

Ill bump this because its anoying :S

• Tommie-boyTommie-boy Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2016

This definitely appears to be a weak spot in Plex Playlist management.

If you're having an empty playlists, all of the playlists will dissapear in the web interface. The web interface appeared to be loading forever. I managed to get around this by adding a song from a device that did show the playlists (on IOS go to the music library section and add whatever song from there to the empty playlist). This made my playlists to show again after reloading the plex page.

It is just a workaround but it helps to get your stuff back. Bug is still present in 0.9.16.0

• vashachirokuvashachiroku Posts: 72Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can Plex confirm the have already created a bug ID number and are tracking the developers status of fixing this issue.

My iTune Playist were in two folders

Wife (folder)
    Playlist 1 (same name)
    Playlist 2
    Mine (Folder)
    Playlist 1 (same name)
    Playlist 4

When Plex import the PMS web interface does not have folder, so all Playlist show up in same view

When using Plex iOS I get the folders and the playlist inside the folders

However there was an issue because two of my playlist had the same name so Plex iOS has 3 folders. It's very annoying should be able to move the playlist out of the folders and or delete the folders.

Plex take 30 seconds to reply and post up that this bug has an ID number and is being worked on.

• DaveBinMDaveBinM Posts: 1,262Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I'll look into this, and see what I can find out.

Server: Late 2014 Mac Mini [3.0Ghz i7-4578U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD]
    Storage: Synology DS1815+ [HGST DeskStar 3TB x 4, HGST DeskStar 6TB x 2 and HGST DeskStar 8TB x 2]
    Clients: PMP (Mac & Windows). iPhone. iPad. PS4. Android. Android TV. Web.

Help: Support | PMS Logs | PMP Logs | iOS Logs | Media XML

• LundmarkLundmark Posts: 453Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Has anyone found a solution yet?

• almontefalmontef Posts: 76Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue any resolution to this bug?

• DaveBinMDaveBinM Posts: 1,262Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited August 2016

As far as I'm aware, it's not possible to do this through the UI at the moment.

Server: Late 2014 Mac Mini [3.0Ghz i7-4578U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD]
    Storage: Synology DS1815+ [HGST DeskStar 3TB x 4, HGST DeskStar 6TB x 2 and HGST DeskStar 8TB x 2]
    Clients: PMP (Mac & Windows). iPhone. iPad. PS4. Android. Android TV. Web.

Help: Support | PMS Logs | PMP Logs | iOS Logs | Media XML

• BigChunesBigChunes Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2016

Maybe the question was misunderstood on how to get rid of empty playlist folders imported from iTunes. The photos depict the issue

• CurunCurun Posts: 72Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I need help with this as well :(