Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Lightroom Support

kcmedickcmedic Posts: 95Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
Are there any plans to make a plugin for Lightroom? I would kill for this as I don't use iPhoto or Aperture.

I saw a post in the gen plex .8 forums about this, but thought I'd start a thread here as it seems more appropriate.
Tagged:

Comments

• slothsloth Posts: 10Members
    Same here. I'd love to see it.
  • GalrashGalrash Posts: 6Members
    Same here, all my photos are stored in lightroom and something like this would be great
  • LarsLars Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I would love to see this as well!
  • gmhgmh Posts: 38Members
    +1

I use Lightroom as well.
  • dfrellnikdfrellnik Posts: 44Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    +1

My stuff is in Lightroom too.
    PMS: MacMini 2011, El Cap. In rural U.S. with lame internet service where the cloud is not my friend. PHT on Mac Minis (2009 & 2010), Yosemite & El Capitan (HDMI/optical out to Receiver), controlled with Harmony remotes.  Also Roku2-XS, Roku3 and iOS 9 devices.
  • wally007wally007 Posts: 1,234Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    scaper wrote:

+1

My stuff is in Lightroom too.

I have moved from Aperture to Lightroom as well. Lightroom is just so much better in my opinion.
  • BJMarshBJMarsh Posts: 4Members
    Count me in on this one also. I have Aperture, iPhoto and Lightroom. I prefer Lightroom and would drop the other two if I had support for Lightroom in Plex
  • atomatom Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    +1 for me too. Couldn't make it without Lightroom. The workflow speeds things up tremendously. Looking forward to this one!
  • dingbatdingbat Posts: 5Members
    Lightroom is the best - when can we have a plugin please? I would pay for a plugin if it helps
  • CJECJE Posts: 383Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Another vote over here... :)
  • youpmeloneyoupmelone Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    plus one.. would donate for it
  • pooploserpooploser Plex Ninja Posts: 958Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    yes please, me too
    Alaska skin for Plex 0.9.5+ Laika
    Alaska/Dark skin for Plex 0.9.5+ Laika
    My flickr account
  • AdeRussellAdeRussell Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Plus one from me too
  • pierre1313pierre1313 Posts: 572Members ✭✭
    There seems to be quite a bit of interest let me see what can be done.
    Original creations: RTE - Lynda - GoogleFastFlip - FranceTelevisions - UbuWeb - KhanAcademy - HistoryChannel - Spiegel Online - MobileMe Gallery - AlJazeera English
    Rewrote from the ground up: YouTube - Hulu - NASA - Geekscape - The Escapist - The Onion - Google-LIFE - Food-Network - HGTV - That Guy with the Glasses - arte-7 - MSNBC
    Maintains: Allocine - Charlie Rose - Adam Carolla - TED Talks - Democracy Now

Donate
  • hullujhulluj Posts: 9Members
    I thought I already saw "Lightroom catalog supported" mentioned somewhere. Was I dreaming..? If so, count my vote too. :)
  • HebhansenHebhansen Posts: 268Members
    Very much subsribing to this one

and .... does anyone know of a Lightroom server solution. (a bit off topic I know, but keen to knowing the status for Lightroom)
    HB

Plex: Server - Center - Streaming, running on:
    Mac Mini 2,53GHz 4MB Ram - Zepto 42" Plasma - DIY active reference speakers stereo
  • CJECJE Posts: 383Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 2011
    Just came across this:

"Plex Media Server allows you to manage your music, podcasts and non-DRM quicktime video in iTunes and your photo library in iPhoto, Lightroom or Aperture and use Plex as your playback/display application"

However the rest of the wiki only seems to talk about how to set up sources in iPhoto or Aperture.

Am I missing something, or is this not yet possible?
  • gmackenzgmackenz Posts: 89Members, Plex Pass
    cjedj wrote:

Just came across this:

"Plex Media Server allows you to manage your music, podcasts and non-DRM quicktime video in iTunes and your photo library in iPhoto, Lightroom or Aperture and use Plex as your playback/display application"

However the rest of the wiki only seems to talk about how to set up sources in iPhoto or Aperture.

Am I missing something, or is this not yet possible?

Not yet possible, Plex never had such functionality as far as I'm aware. It must be on a feature roadmap somewhere. I think there's a plan to have it but is so low on the list to be a long time coming. I too would love to have it as I use neither iPhoto or Aperture.
  • alias_rexalias_rex Posts: 531Members ✭✭
    WANT very much.
     Mac mini 1.83 GHz (OS X Server 10.6.8)  Panasonic 32" LCD  SONY HT-CT150 Home Theater System 
  • molstmolst Posts: 1Members
    +1. I'm starting to get curious about what the major problem with this integration is.. is it some proprietary database format that's the problem? Why was aperture so much earlier integrated? Are people switching to Aperture because of this lack of plex support? Is that a better choice than choosing an alternative to plex?