Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Photos libraries - can we change the Poster image for folders within the library?

sha256sha256 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 174 Plex Pass

It seems like once you have dropped some top-level folders into your new Photos library, you can't modify which image you want it to show as the 'poster' for both the top level folders, and any subsequent folders with them.

The weird thing is that the Pencil "edit" button shows a "choose poster" option but there is nothing in it.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is the Photos Library just due to receive some developer love, like the Music section did a few months ago? Thanks!

Answers

• NedtheNerdNedtheNerd Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3,736 Plex Pass

@sha256 said:
    It seems like once you have dropped some top-level folders into your new Photos library, you can't modify which image you want it to show as the 'poster' for both the top level folders, and any subsequent folders with them.

The weird thing is that the Pencil "edit" button shows a "choose poster" option but there is nothing in it.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is the Photos Library just due to receive some developer love, like the Music section did a few months ago? Thanks!

You have click on one of the options 'choose an image', 'enter a url' or drag and drop a picture onto the area.

Regards

Rasplex/OpenPHT is maintained by a team of volunteers, donations are gratefully received. Why not make a donation now: rasplex.com

"Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it."
  • sha256sha256 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 174 Plex Pass

Right, I saw those options. They all involve looking externally of the library or folder itself. The "choose image" wants me to choose an image on my current system I'm viewing the server's library from. Entering a URL doesn't work of course, as Plex Media Server doesn't publish full URL addresses with .jpg extensions on them in the address bar. And lastly, drag and drop seems to be geared towards your current client computer as well, as you're dragging it into your browser from elsewhere.

Basically, I'd rather the Poster image selection just show me the JPG files that are in that library, which of course makes sense as being the Poster for the folder. But that doesn't seem to be possible at this time?

• volgonvolgon Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

@sha256 said:
    Basically, I'd rather the Poster image selection just show me the JPG files that are in that library, which of course makes sense as being the Poster for the folder. But that doesn't seem to be possible at this time?

I strongly agree with this as I've struggled with the same thing for some time now. It is sort of pointless to have to download the image from my server just to then upload it again for use as the album poster. I think I'd ideally like there to be an image option that allows one to "set as album poster", but another alternative might be for the info box of an image to show a valid URL that can be entered when setting the poster.

• daniel@nikul.indaniel@nikul.in Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Still everything the same...