If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can't log out??

duckjonesduckjones Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have two XBox Live accounts on my Xbox (One, which I can't seem to find a forum for, but they're sort of related), one for myself and one for my kids. I made the mistake of logging in to my Plex Home account via my kids' profile, and then trying to get myself logged in on the same Plex account to my Xbox Live profile. All I get now is the "Can't find Server" message when I try opening Plex. My kids are able to access my Media Server with no problems, which I really don't want since they have access to the entire library, not just the kids content.

I was able to log them out by going into my Plex Account settings, finding the Single Sign On tab, which had my kids' Xbox Live profile there, and removing it. Now whenever I open Plex on the Xbox using their account, it prompts me to enter a pin on the web. But when I open Plex using my profile, I still get the "Can't find Server" error and I have no way of resetting it. There's no other Single Sign On accounts on my Plex Account page, and there's no way to access any settings in the Xbox Plex app. I have no way to reset my profile to allow me to associate our Plex Home with my Xbox Live profile. Anyone have any ideas?

Tagged:

Answers

• skibbsskibbs Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My brother-in-law is currently hitting this as well. I'm going to play with this on my 360, once I get home this evening. Have you explored any settings from the Xbox menu command? I wonder if that offers a workaround... On XB1, I know that settings menu can be helpful.

• duckjonesduckjones Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Nothing helpful yet. XB1 received an update yesterday, but my profile is still frozen in place. There's nothing overly useful in the menu, I can quit out or uninstall, but neither option does much good.

• Medic544Medic544 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having a similar issue, i WAS logged in to plex using a friends account and he had added a managed account to his as a non-user. created my own he re sent the invite to his media-server; xbox one has no option to log out of the account or the app, the menu button brings only "help" "switch profile" (which is the switching your xbox live accounts). if i uninstall and re-install the app it still automatically logs in with his account with no log in prompt screen for a username / pswd for plex.