If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

plexWatch - Slack Webhook integration

nateshawnateshaw Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Has anyone added capability to plexWatch for posting to a Slack channel through their webhook integration?

I love using plexWatch and thought it would be cool to have a slack channel dedicated to receiving the information. Then anyone with access to the channel can see activity on the Plex server.

Best Answer

Answers

• ottonetottonet Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 Was just looking for this as well.

• nateshawnateshaw Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For anyone that is interested and has the know-how, here is the link to Slack's page which talks about how it works:
    https://api.slack.com/incoming-webhooks

• nimbynimby Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@nateshaw Actually logged in to say, your edits worked great, only took a tiny bit of fiddling, and now have output into my slack team.

THANK YOU.

• Tek42Tek42 Posts: 1Members

Wow, this is great ! I got it working with a minimum of fuss. Thanks so much for sharing !

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 9,395Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Might be interesting to you guys, there's a Slack example ~ https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/115002267687

instagram: @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the brother's photography blog // the dog's twitter feed.

• seanecoffeyseanecoffey Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 3

hey @elan , thanks for sharing the slack integration on github! I've got this working, but is it possible to control which Plex events trigger a slack payload?

Would be cool if the Plex webhooks generated an added media hook too, instead of having to use zzanger's project above!

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 9,395Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@seanecoffey said:
    hey @elan , thanks for sharing the slack integration on github! I've got this working, but is it possible to control which Plex events trigger a slack payload?

Not at the moment, right now it's "all of them" and the recipient is expected to filter.

Would be cool if the Plex webhooks generated an added media hook too, instead of having to use zzanger's project above!

It's the one everyone asks for :)

instagram: @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the brother's photography blog // the dog's twitter feed.

• WebstasWebstas Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For the webhooks in plex do you just have it pushed to the heroku app url?