If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How does one shut down machine on "shutdown" option?

btysince88btysince88 Posts: 1Members Plex Pass

Hey all,

So I just built a new HTPC to run Plex Home Threater in my living room. I currently have Plex Media Server on my office desktop. I've installed ubuntu on the HTPC; The office desktop is Windows 8.1. I will admit, this is my first foray into Ubuntu, but I wanted something free as the idea was to keep the cost of the HTPC low, and to use a leaner OS.

I've gone through the steps to install PHT on the HTPC, and I found directions on how to start PHT on startup. It's almost perfection. The only problem is I can't seem to find a way to shut the machine down from within PHT. The "Quit" and "Shutdown" options both just return me to the Ubuntu desktop.

I've tried searching for this, and the closest I've come is posts on forums saying "found it" with a link, only to find the links are all dead/removed.

Is there a solution that someone might be able to point me to or walk me through? It would be stellar to have "Quit" return to Ubuntu desktop if I ever need to fiddle with that, while "Shutdown" would shut the machine itself down.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Answers