If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Crashes while playing music

chaosmakerchaosmaker Posts: 470Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi All,

So I'm currently on an iPhone 4S with the most up to date iOS (8.4.1) and using the most up to date iOS player. My Server also runs the most up to date version (0.9.12.11).
When I try and play music on my iphone, I haven't tested it with other files at the moment, the app crashes after some time. If I play a short song, it will crash after it has finished playing a longer 2h audio clip will make it crash somewhere during playback. The screen is basically black. Sometimes it will return to the Plex Home screen and pressing play on the file again will make it stall and not connect. I then have to force shut Plex and reopen it to work properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks
chaos

Best Answer

Answers