If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to change subtitles size

smounchesmounche Posts: 212Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi there,
I am casting a movie to my chromecast, and I have external subtitle, and they are so small,, I don't find anywhere- how can I change the size

Tagged:

Comments

• jemakaosjemakaos Posts: 1Members

Hi,

I've had the same problem. If you disconect your Cromecast you can change the size while the playback is set to the iOS device. Once you have made the size larger you can connect to the Chromecast again and new larger sub. size will appear.

• petrmenzel@menzel.iopetrmenzel@menzel.io Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1
    +1
    +1
    +1

OMG: min 8 characters

• bstrijkerbstrijker Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Not sure why, but not working for me. (running 1.8.1.4139 )
    I cannot change the far too small subtitles when using the chromecast with my iphone.

please help...?

• Dia4litDia4lit Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Hi, after the latest update (1.8.4.4249) I can't change the size of my subtitles when using Chromecast from the laptop. Before the update, I used the "big" size option, but after that it was set on "normal" by default and I can't change it. Even if I choose "big", when streaming something on my TV, the size is always the "normal" one.
    I can change the size from the android app, but for some reason it was always a different size than the laptop one. The "big" size on my android app was always very big! I want to be able to change it from my laptop. What's the problem here?

• smounchesmounche Posts: 212Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Bump!
    What's going on with this bug @plex ??
    When i am casting from my Iphone to any Google Chromecast Device, i don't have the option at all to change the subtitle size,
    When i am syncing content it's even worst! the subtitles are so small can't read them!