[REL] Sub-Zero 126.96.36.19963 - Subtitles done right.
Sub-Zero - Subtitles done right
Current version: 188.8.131.5263
Questions? Have a look at the wiki first
Please read the FAQ before posting
or use the OpenSubtitles Sub-Zero affiliate link to become VIP
10€/year, ad-free subs, 1000 subs/day, no-cache VIP server:
(the affiliate system is not yet online, please message me with your OpenSubtitles username, if you decide to use the affiliate link)
As the direction of this project has moved a long way, I thought it was time to evolve from simply being a personal fork of Subliminal.bundle to something more dedicated.
Sub-Zero aims to solve your subtitle problems by automatically downloading the hopefully best subtitles there are, for your individual video file.
Subtitles are a problem? Yep, they definitely are. I myself use this plugin on a daily basis as my wife has a serious hearing condition where subtitles help us to be able to watch our favourite TV series and movies together. Subtitles pose a generic struggle: matching your media file perfectly. This is as hard as it gets. Thankfully there are a bunch of libraries and services out there, that help with that.
Sub-Zero is far from being perfect, but with recent development and planned features, we're really getting there.
Its core is based on the works of Diaoul, who created the subliminal library, as well as enzyme, to parse MKV metadata. In addition to that Sub-Zero uses the extremely well-made guessit library made by wackou.
It currently supports the following subtitle providers:
- Addic7ed (TV)
- opensubtitles (TV, movies)
- Podnapisi (TV, movies)
- TVsubtitles.net (TV)
- Legendas TV (Portugués-Brazil, TV, movies)
- Napi Projekt (Polish, TV, movies)
- Titlovi (Eastern European, TV, movies)
- SubScene (TV, movies)
- aRGENTeaM (Spanish, TV, movies)
- Hosszupuska (Hungarian, TV)
- assrt.net (ex Shooter, Chinese, TV, movies)
- Supersubtitles (www.feliratok.info, Hungarian, TV, movies)
- Sub-Zero now is listed in the official Plex Channel Directory. You can install it from there.
Stable (when in doubt, use this one)
Current version: https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero.bundle/releases/latest
Legacy versions: https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero.bundle/releases
Release candidate: https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero.bundle/archive/master.zip
Bleeding edge (development): https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero.bundle/archive/develop-2.1.zip
- go to
Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/
- remove old versions (
rm -r Sub-Zero.bundle)
- get the current version from here
- unpack it
- restart your plex media server!
- go to
Settings -> Server -> Agents -> Movies/TV Shows
- select the metadata provider you use on your library, e.g.: Freebase (movies) or TheTVDB (series)
Sub-Zero Subtitles (TV/Movies)
- configure them
- refresh your library (or individual movies/TV shows)
Use the following agent order:
Sub-Zero Subtitles (TV/Movies)
Local Media Assets (TV/Movies)
- anything else
Nice new shiny wiki
- implement translations for the channel and the settings
- i18n: German (myself)
- i18n: Danish (thanks Uthman, Claus Møller, dane22)
- i18n: Dutch (thanks jippo015, Semi Doludizgin, Rafael)
- i18n: Hungarian (thanks Morpheus1333, sugarman402)
- i18n: Spanish LA&C (thanks Yamil.llanos, Notorius28)
- core: notify executable: support spaces in path, fixes #520
- core: notify executable: fix usage with python scripts (drops inherited PYTHONPATH), fixes #355
- core: fix plugin_pin_mode
- refiners: filebot: fix usage on OSX
- providers: add assrt.net (Chinese) - thanks @dimotsai!
- providers: add supersubtitles (feliratok.info, Hungarian) - thanks @morpheus133!
- providers: addic7ed: cache login data instead of re-login per search
- submod: HI: support "&" and "+" in hi_before_colon
- submod: HI: be less aggressive with HI_before_colon_noncaps; fixes #510