Release: Sub-Zero 22.214.171.1247 - Subtitles done right.
Sub-Zero - Subtitles done right
Current version: 126.96.36.1997
Questions? Have a look at the wiki first
As the direction of this project has moved a long way, I thought it was time to evolve from simply being a personal fork of Subliminal.bundle to something more dedicated.
Sub-Zero aims to solve your subtitle problems by automatically downloading the hopefully best subtitles there are, for your individual video file.
Subtitles are a problem? Yep, they definitely are. I myself use this plugin on a daily basis as my wife has a serious hearing condition where subtitles help us to be able to watch our favourite TV series and movies together. Subtitles pose a generic struggle: matching your media file perfectly. This is as hard as it gets. Thankfully there are a bunch of libraries and services out there, that help with that.
Sub-Zero is far from being perfect, but with recent development and planned features, we're really getting there.
Its core is based on the works of Diaoul, who created the subliminal library, as well as enzyme, to parse MKV metadata. In addition to that Sub-Zero uses the extremely well-made guessit library made by wackou.
It currently supports the following subtitle providers:
- Addic7ed (TV)
- opensubtitles (TV, movies)
- Podnapisi (TV, movies)
- TVsubtitles.net (TV)
- The SubDB (TV, movies)
- Legendas TV (pt-BR)
- Napi Projekt (pl)
- Shooter (cn)
- SubsCenter (heb)
- Sub-Zero now is listed in the official Plex Channel Directory. You can install it from there.
Stable (when in doubt, use this one)
Current version: https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero.bundle/releases/latest
Legacy versions: https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero.bundle/releases
Release candidate: https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero.bundle/archive/master.zip
Bleeding edge (development): https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero.bundle/archive/develop-2.1.zip
- go to
Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/
- remove old versions (
rm -r Sub-Zero.bundle)
- get the current version from here
- unpack it
- restart your plex media server!
- go to
Settings -> Server -> Agents -> Movies/TV Shows
- select the metadata provider you use on your library, e.g.: Freebase (movies) or TheTVDB (series)
Sub-Zero Subtitles (TV/Movies)
- configure them
- refresh your library (or individual movies/TV shows)
Use the following agent order:
Sub-Zero Subtitles (TV/Movies)
Local Media Assets (TV/Movies)
- anything else
Attention: If you don't include the source/format (HDTV, BluRay, etc.) in your TV media file names, lower the minimum TV score to 330, otherwise you get no subtitles!
Nice new shiny wiki
- core: fix internal subtitle storage issues
- core: handle "embedded-forced" tag (futureproofing)
- core: remove more garbage tags from release groups (nzbgeek, chamele0n, buymore, xpost, postbot)
- submod: OCR fix: fix music icon = paragraph
- core: don't fail on uppercase file extensions
- core: don't re-download a subtitle if we already downloaded one, it still physically exists and external subtitles are configured to be ignored
- core: fix VTT subtitle duplication
- core: if forced subtitles not explicitly wanted, ignore existing forced subtitles when searching
- core: add full IETF language support for
Treat languages with country attribute as ISO 639-1 (e.g. don't download pt-BR if pt subtitle exists)-setting for embedded subtitles
- menu: remove buggy dynamic permission-based channel icon introduced in 1715
- menu: improve
Items with missing subtitlesmenu usage and item display
Advanced -> Get my logshandle custom domains without port
- menu: correctly show country/script part of languages with such attributes (e.g. pt-BR)
- config: rename
Scan:settings; make them better understandable and translatable
- config: rephrase IETF options as "languages with country attribute" (e.g. pt-BR)
- config: separate IETF options into how to display languages with country attribute and how they should be handled when searching/scanning (e.g. pt-BR)
Scheduler: Item age to be considered recentnow can go up to 12 weeks
Scheduler: Periodically search for recent items with missing subtitlesadded
every 2 hours
- submod: swe: add Ĺ to Å