If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Release: Sub-Zero 2.5.4.2527 - Subtitles done right.

Comments

• AlfiexxAlfiexx Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,
    I was wondering whether it is possible to download both the full subtitles and forced subtitles?
    I know there is an option to 'Only Download Foreign/Forced subtitles', but is there another setting i am missing that can do this?
    If not, could you add a setting to 'Also download forced subtitles'? As depending who we watch things with depends if we need full subtitles or just forced only.

• pannipanni Posts: 1,144Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja
    edited January 4

@Alfiexx that issue is already tracked for milestone 2.2: https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero.bundle/issues/230

It's been requested multiple times and it will be implemented at some point.

@anon0 it could work, although I wouldn't recommend it.

• mike.scheurwatermike.scheurwater Posts: 5Members

Anyone know where (or how) the srt files are saved? The settings say "current folder" but i don't see any srt-files even though they appear and work in Plex. :sweat:

• stian89stian89 Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Opensubitles has been blocked in my country, is there any workaround to get subtitles downloaded from there again? :)

edited January 10

@stian89 beta 2.1 supports HTTP proxies for accessing the providers. Please join the beta so we can test this.

@mike.scheurwater are you on Windows? They might go into your AppData folder.

@panni I'm using a Synology NAS Server, any idea where it would store it then?

@mike.scheurwater perhaps it can't store the subs physically because of a permission problem and then falls back to plex Metadata storage. Is the option enabled?

@panni I found the subtitles on the server, apparently it saves it to \Plex\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Media\localhost. Why isn't it placed in the same map as the file even though i checked "Store subtitles next to media files (instead of metadata)"?

@panni Sorry, I just see your message. I'll check the permissions.

@panni I added a special "plex"-user to my folder with read/write permissions. I made sure the Sub-Zero agent was the first agent in the list and still it doesn't work. For some reason 1 subtitle was saved to the right map, but the rest is probably saved to the metadata storage. Any idea how i can fix this?

This image shows the permissions (sorry, it's Dutch) "Lezen & Schrijven" = Read & Write. It's also done for the top-folder "Media".

These are the settings for Sub-Zero.

@mike.scheurwater I'm not sure. Please retrieve your logs by following this and attach them here.

• vera.javier@icloud.comvera.javier@icloud.com Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'd like to know how does the scheduler work, i have set it to check for new subtitles every 6 hours but it seems not to be working. I have episodes with missing subtiles and i have to manually refresh metadata to get them.

@vera.javier@icloud.com have you just recently installed SZ? If so, please refresh the metadata of your whole library once, so that SZ can initialize its subtitle storage. After that it'll search for missing subtitles for old items periodically.

For new items, it should already do that. If it doesn't, it may be a configuration issue or a bug. I'd need DEBUG logs for that (see wiki).

• ahigueroahiguero Posts: 59Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@jaywk said:
    I've search here at the github wiki but can not find where to adjust offsets. Where can I adjust the timings of a downloaded subtitle? Maybe a better question would be where can you adjust the six individual mods with SZ 2.0?

Edit: Found it by navigating through the SZ Channel.

can you provide a screenshot as to where the setting is located? i have not been able to find it

QNAP TS-453A Firmware QTS 4.3.3 QNAP TS-219PII Firmware QTS 4.3.3 Apple iMac 10.12.3
    Apple iPad (2017 Apple iPhone 6 Plus Apple TV 4th Gen Apple TV 3rd Gen Roku Premiere+ NVidia Shield 16Gb (2017) Unifi Gateway & Access Point PS4 Pro

• jaywkjaywk Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@ahiguero said:

@jaywk said:
    I've search here at the github wiki but can not find where to adjust offsets. Where can I adjust the timings of a downloaded subtitle? Maybe a better question would be where can you adjust the six individual mods with SZ 2.0?

Edit: Found it by navigating through the SZ Channel.

can you provide a screenshot as to where the setting is located? i have not been able to find it

Navigate to the movie or tv show you want to adjust the timing for through the subzero channel. It will most likely be found on the 'On-deck items' section if you are currently watching it through Plex. Once you've found that scroll down and select 'Actions for English subtitles'

Next, scroll down and select 'Modify English subtitle'.

This page is where you can adjust all the options of your downloaded subs:
    (i.e, Offset, FPS, Hearing Impaired, Color, Common, OCR, Remove Tags). From here select 'Change the timing of the subtitle.

It's all in the wiki, guys.

• BeyondEvilBeyondEvil Posts: 65Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

First, thank you for a great subtitles-plugin!

This is not an issue with this specific release, I hope you don't mind.

Problem: All the downloaded subtitles are identified as "Unknown". They're in English.

How can I fix this?

• Fenderman2Fenderman2 Posts: 9Members ✭✭

I only have Bluray movies. Unfortunately Sub_zero will sometimes download WebRip Subtitles.
    Is there an option to make Sub-Zero only download Bluray subtitles ever?
    My Movies score is 82.

• JamminRJamminR Posts: 3,353Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@fenderman2 - I don't think there's a way to do that, but you could increase score, do you have 'bluray' as part of the file name?
    See wiki - https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero.bundle-wiki/wiki/How-Matching-Works

Server - HW: I7-4790K(Haswell), 16GB - SW: Win10 Pro + PMS v1.12.3.4973
    Misc. HW: HDHR Extend + 2TB RAID1(Intel Z87) + 4x4TB RAID5(QNAP TS-653Pro)
    Shares - From: 2  - To: 18(5) - Potential lifetime PlexPass data generating product customer!
    ISP: ~20mbps up/1TB monthly "cap" - (Monthly avg. xfer ~450gb)
    Search the Plex WIKI before asking silly questions.
    Plex stuff I favor - Tautulli - UASv3 - PlexEmail - FMoviesPlus
  • Fenderman2Fenderman2 Posts: 9Members ✭✭
    edited January 24

Don't have it in the filename. Would it be possible to implement that as a feature?
    That you could add a "matchword" like "Bluray" and Sub-Zero only downloads subtitles with that matchword in the filename.