If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Release: Sub-Zero 2.0.33.1871 - Subtitles done right.

Comments

• ledge74ledge74 Posts: 274Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Glad to help, and thanks for this agent again ! I'll be following the project :)

My Projects:

• Cast Rocket for Plex, a Chrome extension for sending online content to be played on your Plex client. 
  • pannipanni Posts: 1,055Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

I'm just reading through PlexTraktScrobbler and the techniques they use. It's quite elaborate. That won't be easy but I think doable.

• ledge74ledge74 Posts: 274Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Glad to hear this ! If this Channel ever gets released then my media center would be finally perfect :P

My Projects:

• Cast Rocket for Plex, a Chrome extension for sending online content to be played on your Plex client. 

As far as I can see currently, there won't be a channel necessary. Just a separate thread and SZ in "daemon" plugin mode. But I will run some tests on the weekend.

• chopetachopeta Posts: 182Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Since I updated to RC4 some TV episodes that already had subs downloaded in the filesystem (no specific folder, just current) aren't showing up with the subs in the Plex Web interface (interface just display "None" for subtitles even when the SRT files are in the folder for weeks)...

I have to manually refresh the episode for the subs to appear.

Is there another way to fix this?

Is this happening to anyone else?

Is this an expected behavior since LoadMediaAssets is now replaced with the Extended version from this bundle?

Thanks for your help :)

• BashinBashin Posts: 18Members ✭✭
    edited October 2015

@panni said:
    Hey,

Limitless isn't even in the log file. Could you check for other logs and post the one with the affected file in it? (most likely ending in .0 or .1)

And the opensubtitles link isn't working for me, is it still for you?
    Edit: Now it is :o

I can see Limitless in the log. At the end this is seen:
    2015-10-13 16:42:34,004 (7f02157fa700) : INFO (logger:31) - subliminal.api: Saving <OpenSubtitlesSubtitle '1954911651' [en]> to u'/tank1/Media/TV/Limitless/Season 1/Limitless.S01E03.1080p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.en.srt'

@Bashin sorry mate, I've accidentally had case sensitive search on in my editor and searched for "limitless".
    Looking into the issue.

• davvehdavveh Posts: 52Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@chopeta said:
    Since I updated to RC4 some TV episodes that already had subs downloaded in the filesystem (no specific folder, just current) aren't showing up with the subs in the Plex Web interface (interface just display "None" for subtitles even when the SRT files are in the folder for weeks)...

I have to manually refresh the episode for the subs to appear.

Is there another way to fix this?

Is this happening to anyone else?

Is this an expected behavior since LoadMediaAssets is now replaced with the Extended version from this bundle?

Thanks for your help :)

Hello,
    @panni I also experience the same behavior as @chopeta that it has downloaded a sub but it still saids "none". Have to manually update plex a few times before it finds the file. Works when you know there is a file but its not wife-proof yet :)

edited October 2015

@chopeta Hm, no, this is unexpected. Let's see if updating LocalMediaExtended fixes this - I've never had that issue, though, as far as I can remember.

@davveh It can happen, on bigger refreshes, that SZ still is searching for other episodes' subtitles while you've seen in the logs that one already has been found. It saves the subs at the end of the procedure, and only after that LocalMedia picks up the downloaded subs. Sometimes you just have to wait a minute before refreshing the page.

You can test that by deleting the subs for a single episode, then refreshing only that episode.

• Bas PostBas Post Posts: 113Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@panni, thank you very much for this bundle! I have installed it without any problems. Just a quick question, where can I find the log to see if subs are downloaded?

Proud to be BALD!

edited October 2015

RC5 is out. Changelog and download links in the original post!

@Bashin please check if your issue was resolved, I've added a hard-bailout in RC5, if the hearing_impaired setting doesn't match the subtitle.

One of the most notable changes is the optional Addic7ed provider boost.
    I've found that their TV subtitles can be way better than bigger providers' such as OpenSubtitles. But before RC5, without that setting enabled, a Video-Hash match (OpenSubtitles/TheSubDB) always won the race.
    Now it's possible that a format-matching Addic7ed subtitle gets an even higher score than the previous maximum hash-score.

• SunMarSunMar Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@panni Love the active development on this, thank you! I've got a question about the HI setting though, what exact does it do? Is it like a preference where it tries either non-HI (when its not checked) or HI (when its checked) first and falls back to the other if it can't find one, or do you have to choose one or the other? So when it's checked it will only download HI subtitles? I prefer non-HI subtitles but if there's only an HI version I would rather have the HI version than no subtitles at all.

@SunMar: then I've just broken your experience with RC5 :)
    Before RC5 the subtitles were downloaded preferred to your setting of hearing_impaired. Now they're skipped entirely if they don't match.

I'll fix this in RC5.1 and provide multiple options: "prefer", "don't prefer", "force HI", "force non-HI".

RC5.1 online, with better configurable hearing impaired setting.

• doubter13doubter13 Posts: 45Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

great Project, does exactly what i need: Automated subtitles in the same dir as the Videos. Awesome!

just a small thing: After updating to RC5.1 i wanted to check the version , but the info button still shows the version as RC4

- Plex 0.9.12.8 on Qnap 670 Ultimate 

PlexPass Lifetime

@doubter13 said:
    great Project, does exactly what i need: Automated subtitles in the same dir as the Videos. Awesome!

just a small thing: After updating to RC5.1 i wanted to check the version , but the info button still shows the version as RC4

I noticed this as well. I believe @panni forgot to update some file :)

edited October 2015

Yeah, forgot, not in the mood to make a new release because of that, though :)
    Edit: Just updated the release. Anyone downloading RC5.1 from now on has the correct version on the info page.

@panni what's the log file for LocalMediaExtended? It's the same as LocalMedia com.plexapp.agents.localmedia.log ?

• doubter13doubter13 Posts: 45Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    via Email
    Sure, no biggy
    Just a reminder for the next version

*Vom Mobiltelefon gesendet, daher in Umfang und Gestaltung eingeschränkt*

- Plex 0.9.12.8 on Qnap 670 Ultimate 

PlexPass Lifetime