If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Release: Sub-Zero 2.5.4.2527 - Subtitles done right.

Comments

• pannipanni Posts: 1,144Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

@chopeta said:
    panni what's the log file for LocalMediaExtended? It's the same as LocalMedia com.plexapp.agents.localmedia.log ?

It's com.plexapp.agents.localmediaextended.log

edited October 2015

Currently seeing some issues with LocalMediaExtended, I guess I went too far to merge with plexinc-agents/LocalMedia.bundle/master, will revert back to the "dist" branch as master supports "Featurette", which our PMS currently doesn't.

Edit: Hotfix release RC5.2 online; had to switch to plexinc-agents/LocalMedia.bundle/dist instead of master branch. Our PMS is too old :)
    Sorry for the mess!

• chopetachopeta Posts: 182Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks @panni - just updated... testing for the rest of the day...

• andrewe1andrewe1 Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Working really poorly for me since updating to 'sub-zero'... local media extended is enabled and the other disabled and order is correct.. mind taking a look?

http://pastebin.com/pbKMupKd

Thanks

• SunMarSunMar Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@panni Thank you! :)

edited October 2015

@andrewe1 I'm seeing errors with Opensubtitles, not related to Sub-Zero but to the original subliminal Opensubtitles provider. The site seems to return a bad response to you - how many videos have you been trying to get subtitles for in that run?

I'm looking into why "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." isn't found in neither addic7ed nor tvsubtitles.

Edit: Thanks for your log. Based on that I've improved punctuation handling for addic7ed and tvsubtitles even more. Please test https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero/archive/master.zip. Changes will be incorporated into the next release.

• ledge74ledge74 Posts: 275Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@panni I have detected what it seems to be an error with sub zero. The problem is that it doesn't automatically pick up new subtitles that are added in a media folder.

Let's say that I have one episode with english subtitles in a folder:
    episodename.mkv
    episodename.fr.srt

If I manually add the english subtitles it then becomes composed of:
    episodename.mkv
    episodename.fr.srt
    episodename.en.srt

--> The logical behavior would be that since PMS triggers an automatic scan, the english subtitles are automatically added to the episode metadata. (it works that way with the local media assets agent)

However, Sub Zero doesn't pick the subtitles and I have to manually refresh the episode to get the subtitles to appear.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

My Projects:

• Cast Rocket for Plex, a Chrome extension for sending online content to be played on your Plex client. 
    edited October 2015

(it works that way with the local media assets agent)

Wait, are you saying this worked with the default LocalMedia agent? Are you 100% sure?
    If so, it could mean, that PMS triggers LocalMedia specifically, by its identifier or something. And since it's disabled, and LocalMediaExtended has a different identifier, it simply doesn't happen.

You're not forced to use LocalMediaExtended, but you could help identifying the problem here. If you don't use subfolders for subtitle storage, you can re-enable LocalMedia together with LocalMediaExtended enabled and tell me if it works again.

Edit: You may have just opened my eyes on this issue. I think LocalMediaExtended.bundle's won't be needed in the future. LocalMedia is an internal plugin and I can't change anything by trying to replace it with LocalMediaExtended, as it'll never get treated as LocalMedia is (for example for the periodic local metadata refreshes), thus never really replaced.

• andrewe1andrewe1 Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@panni said:
    andrewe1 I'm seeing errors with Opensubtitles, not related to Sub-Zero but to the original subliminal Opensubtitles provider. The site seems to return a bad response to you - how many videos have you been trying to get subtitles for in that run?

I'm looking into why "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." isn't found in neither addic7ed nor tvsubtitles.

Edit: Thanks for your log. Based on that I've improved punctuation handling for addic7ed and tvsubtitles even more. Please test https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero/archive/master.zip. Changes will be incorporated into the next release.

I actually didnt try to get too many subtitles....it was just like 2 movies because I was testing the new RC.

Thanks for the changes! will try later...

edited October 2015

@andrewe1 not the newest RC but the bleeding edge link I gave you, please :)

• ledge74ledge74 Posts: 275Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@panni I tried with both Local Media Assets and Local Medias Assets Extented and it does pick the subtitles automatically (I dont use folders for subs)! I will leave my agents settings like this for the moment as it works great like that

My Projects:

• Cast Rocket for Plex, a Chrome extension for sending online content to be played on your Plex client. 
    edited October 2015

Yeah I figured. I will ditch the extra LocalMediaExtended.bundle for the next release and incorporate its features into SZ itself.

Leave LocalMedia enabled, guys!

This will mean the following (and it was like this before, I just never realized it):
    If you choose a subfolder instead of "current folder", the automatic regular metadata update PMS does won't pick up your subtitles, only a manual refresh will. At least not until I've built a refresh scheduler on my own, for SZ. This is the case for Sub-Zero, and it was the case for any Subliminal.bundle version you've used in the past (in case anyone wonders).

edited October 2015

1.1.0.3 released.
    Thanks for the insight @ledge74.

RC-users: delete LocalMediaExtended.bundle and re-enable LocalMedia!
    Changelog in the OP or on Github.

edited October 2015

@andrewe1 now use 1.1.0.3 :)

• cbjergcbjerg Posts: 240Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@panni Just updated - this is working so good - can't thank you enough really :)

PMS on Ubuntu Server(primary)
    PMS on Dell Optiplex 3 GHz Xenon 16 128 GB SSD running Windows Server 2012 (backup/share)
    PMP and Kodi on Pi's as clients. Also using Xbox One, Android TV, AppleTV4, and iOS apps

edited October 2015

1.1.0.3 is running now... can't test too much during the weekend but I will know by Monday how it is.

My Brazilian Portuguese subs are finally showing up as "Português"!!! This is so awesome! I love it!

@panni, here a few questions for you :)

• My pt-BR.srt subs are still showing Unknown until I refresh the item. Is there another way to fix this or do I really need to run a full refresh of all my libraries?

• Default scores were changed, now defaults are TV=80 and Movies=35... can you share the reasons why did you pickup these numbers?

• Is now a good time to start thinking about publishing the plugin on the Unsupported AppStore so we can get easier updates?

edited October 2015

@chopeta said:
    1.1.0.3 is running now... can't test too much during the weekend but I will know by Monday how it is.

My Brazilian Portuguese subs are finally showing up as "Português"!!! This is so awesome! I love it!

panni, here a few questions for you :)

• My pt-BR.srt subs are still showing Unknown until I refresh the item. Is there another way to fix this or do I really need to run a full refresh of all my libraries?

Do you use a subfolder? If yes, you need to manually refresh. If you use "current folder" as external storage, the automatic run of LocalMedia by PMS it may pick up the subtitles correctly. I'm not too sure which plugins PMS runs on its regular metadata update.

• Default scores were changed, now defaults are TV=80 and Movies=35... can you share the reasons why did you pickup these numbers?

Sure. Here are the possible scores for an episode and here for a movie.
    To find a good subtitle for an episode, the subtitle must at least score 'series': 44, 'title': 22, 'season': 11, 'episode': 11, which adds up to 88. I've rounded that down.

For a movie I figured it should at least match 'title': 23, 'year': 12, which adds up to 35.

We'll see how these default minimum scores perform.

• Is now a good time to start thinking about publishing the plugin on the Unsupported AppStore so we can get easier updates?

I would love to. Unsupported AppStore is dead at the moment, though, as they've had their project taken down from github somehow (details in this forum).

Thanks @panni - No, I don't sub a sub-folder... I've manually refreshed a few shows and they are now all showing "Português" without having to download any new file (just using what's on my filesystem) :)

I will wait to see if PMS nightly refresh does the job, otherwise I will run a full refresh manually.

Thanks for the additional clarifications on the scores (I will update my values) and AppStore.

This is a really great job that you are doing with the subs. Really appreciate!

• Tarry85Tarry85 Posts: 2Members Plex Pass

Sorry guys for interupting with a stupid qeustion. I got it to work. But only when i manually choose update of the series or movie file i want a sub for. When i choose update library nothing happens.

So my question how do i get it to dowload subs automaticly or is there some place were i can update all my current libarary with subs atleast? Got a PC and have subtitle set to current file.

edited October 2015

@Tarry85 Not a stupid question, but an easy answer: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201697363-How-is-Refresh-All-different-from-Update-Library-

Try the "Refresh All" option in the dropdown menu of the library instead of the update button. You'll only need to do that once, though. For newly added media, it should be done automatically.