If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Release: Sub-Zero 2.5.4.2527 - Subtitles done right.

Comments

• chopetachopeta Posts: 182Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 2015

@Tarry85 said:
    Sorry guys for interupting with a stupid qeustion. I got it to work. But only when i manually choose update of the series or movie file i want a sub for. When i choose update library nothing happens.

What exactly option are you using to 'update library'?

In my PMS subs are automatically downloaded when new content is discovered.

So my question how do i get it to dowload subs automaticly or is there some place were i can update all my current libarary with subs atleast? Got a PC and have subtitle set to current file.

For old content (already recognized by PMS) there's is an option called "Refresh All" which I beliave it would re-download everything including subs (depending on your settings for Sub-Zero - I have mine to avoid downloading subs if they already exist).

If your library is big prepare to run a lot a "Refresh All" since all sub providers banned your user/ip after many consecutive downloads and make sure you have the Sub-Zero setting enabled to avoid/skip re-download otherwise every refresh you will be downloading the same subs over and over again. With the setting enabled a few "Refresh All" with a 24hs interval should be enough (again depending on the size of your libraries and the account type you have with the sub providers)

ie. opensubtitles gives you 200 downloads in the last 24hs period - you can check your status here: http://www.opensubtitles.org/addons/show_my_ip.php (VIP users get increased to 1,000 subs)

Other providers like Add7cted are more even more conservative. Their limit is 40 subs / 24 hs. VIP are increased to 80. See their FAQ and look for VIP: http://www.sub-talk.net/topic/2784-frequently-asked-questions/

• mikesteckermikestecker Posts: 61Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm not seeing Sub Zero in my agents list for some reason:

I have the add-on installed and in the proper location on the server:

If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be great! I'm running the latest PMS 0.9.12.13 on a QNAP TS-469L. All my other plugins/agents/channels work fine except this one so far.

Server: Fedora box with Intel Core i7-4790K, network mounted from QNAP TS-469L NAS, DVR with HDHomeRun Prime
    Clients: Plex for multiple iOS devices • multiple ATV 4's running Plex native app • Embedded Intel NUC DN2820FYKH
    14 external users connecting remotely on AppleTV, iOS, Roku, XMBC and web clients
    Primary viewing TV: Panasonic VIERA TC-P60ST60 • Bose SoundTouch 300

PMS restarted? Permissions checked?

• mikesteckermikestecker Posts: 61Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@chopeta said:
    PMS restarted? Permissions checked?

Doh! A restart fixed it.

Server: Fedora box with Intel Core i7-4790K, network mounted from QNAP TS-469L NAS, DVR with HDHomeRun Prime
    Clients: Plex for multiple iOS devices • multiple ATV 4's running Plex native app • Embedded Intel NUC DN2820FYKH
    14 external users connecting remotely on AppleTV, iOS, Roku, XMBC and web clients
    Primary viewing TV: Panasonic VIERA TC-P60ST60 • Bose SoundTouch 300

• PMAdminPMAdmin Posts: 99Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@panni said:
    1.1.0.3 released.
    Thanks for the insight ledge74.

RC-users: delete LocalMediaExtended.bundle and re-enable LocalMedia!
    Changelog in the OP or on Github.

Go it running, thanks. So Local Media Assets Extended bundle can be removed completely?

• pannipanni Posts: 1,144Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja
    edited October 2015

Yes, please! The little added functionality it had has been built into SZ with the 1.1.0.3 release :)

• rfgamaralrfgamaral Posts: 25Members ✭✭

This agent only seems to be available withing Movies » Freebase and TV Shows » TheTVDB. However, I use the XBMCnfoMoviesImporter and XBMCnfoTVImporter instead. I'd love to be able to use this plugin within those importers.

Would this be possible?

edited October 2015

Sure, I'll add the compatibility to the next release, but I as the author of the XBMC agents implemented "accepts_from" (for which I don't understand the reason), I guess he has to add us to his "accepts_from" list, too.

• telsektelsek Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Does it work for windows?

@telsek said:
    Does it work for windows?

Why not? Give it a try. A lot of people here use it on Windows... If there's a problem post back the details and logs.

• gilligan5000gilligan5000 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Works like a champ after I reduced the score to 20 for movies (as I don't have the year in my file names). Default setting of 35 retrieved subtitles for 2 out of 250 movies. this is so nice! thanks for all of your hard work.

edited October 2015

I guess "title" = 23 as score would be better then, as minimum. I'm, considering adding 23 as movie default score and 88 as TV default score.

Edit: Going with 23 and 80 for 1.1.0.5

@rfgamaral said:
    This agent only seems to be available withing Movies » Freebase and TV Shows » TheTVDB. However, I use the XBMCnfoMoviesImporter and XBMCnfoTVImporter instead. I'd love to be able to use this plugin within those importers.

Would this be possible?

Support has been added in 1.1.0.5: https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero/commits/1.1.0.5
    Release is coming tomorrow. I guess that the author still has to "accept" our contribution. I will create a pull request to make it easy for her/him.

• alvinnguyenalvinnguyen Posts: 2Members

Quick question, I usually have the tv show downloaded a little bit early than when a subtitle is released for that episode on Addic7ed. Now when that happen, I have to manually go into plex and refresh that episode for the subtitle to load.

Is there any ways this can happen automatically during a set timeframe? Now I think about it I'm not sure whether it's possible as Addic7ed has a API limit, and having the server pinging the API to get subtitle for the whole library is too much?

edited October 2015

@alvinnguyen I believe this will be implemented by #37 and even #33

Check the issues on github.

I think we just have to wait a little bit while @panni do his magic :)

In the meantime we can all donate him a beer (to motivate) or a coffee (to keep him awake) while he continue improving this awesome plugin.

• kidiavnkidiavn Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Thanks for this awesome plugin !
    I have an issue : SubZero can download subtitles from Podnapisi, TVSubtitles but not Addic7ed.
    The SZ log is attached below

@kidiavn said:
    Thanks for this awesome plugin !
    I have an issue : SubZero can download subtitles from Podnapisi, TVSubtitles but not Addic7ed.
    The SZ log is attached below

Because of the "&" in the series' name. Will be fixed in 1.1.0.5. In the meantime you can try the bleeding edge (see OP), it has all the changes 1.1.0.5 will get.

• kidiavnkidiavn Posts: 4Members ✭✭

@panni said:
    Because of the "&" in the series' name. Will be fixed in 1.1.0.5. In the meantime you can try the bleeding edge (see OP), it has all the changes 1.1.0.5 will get.

Thanks for the quick reply @panni, the bleeding edge fixed my problems.

edited October 2015

Release 1.1.0.5 is out, see OP!

I've adjusted the default scores again, +5 for TV, -12 for movies. Please tell me how those work :)

@panni said:
    Release 1.1.0.5 is out, see OP!

I've adjusted the default scores again, +5 for TV, -12 for movies. Please tell me how those work :)

Thanks @panni

Installed and testing... will run full refresh today...

I am still getting "Unknown" subs but I don't know how :| I am using filesystem, current folder and 3 langs (en, es, pt-BR) and with all 3 subs downloaded properly some times I see 4 subs in the subs available list in the player (this is only for new recently added content - old content still need refresh): "English, Español, Unknown, Português" - not happening always, not for all shows and movies, but it's happening... will try to reproduce it and grab some logs.