If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Release: Sub-Zero 2.5.4.2527 - Subtitles done right.

Comments

• BashinBashin Posts: 18Members ✭✭

@panni said:
    RC5 is out. Changelog and download links in the original post!

Bashin please check if your issue was resolved, I've added a hard-bailout in RC5, if the hearing_impaired setting doesn't match the subtitle.

One of the most notable changes is the optional Addic7ed provider boost.
    I've found that their TV subtitles can be way better than bigger providers' such as OpenSubtitles. But before RC5, without that setting enabled, a Video-Hash match (OpenSubtitles/TheSubDB) always won the race.
    Now it's possible that a format-matching Addic7ed subtitle gets an even higher score than the previous maximum hash-score.

Not convinced that it is solved. I set HI to "don't prefer", and then I refreshed.
    Take a look at this log: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/785d7297e3ee5a3ccfee
    The filename of the video is: Blindspot.S01E03.1080p.HDTV.DD5.1.x264-NTb.mkv
    It downloads a file from opensubtitles and names it Blindspot.S01E03.1080p.HDTV.DD5.1.x264-NTb.en.srt. So far all is good. The problem is that it not only downloads hearing impaired, but it also downloads a subtitle which is for another release. So the sync is really off.

I suspect your answer will be to increase the points for TV Shows, or am I wrong? :)
    I am using the default values now (85 for series).

• chopetachopeta Posts: 182Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 2015

Quick question: How's the match done for Opensubtitles?

I just found a case where the Spanish subtitle is not getting downloaded for this episode: "The.Good.Wife.S07E03.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv" which should match to this http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/sublanguageid-all/imdbid-5056736

Any idea why?

My score for TV is set at 85 but I don't see anything about it on the logs except a "No subtitles found"

2015-10-19 19:30:21,466 (-4e5d4490) :  INFO (logger:31) - subliminal.providers.opensubtitles: Searching subtitles [{u'moviebytesize': '715204143', u'sublanguageid': u'pob,spa', u'moviehash': u'd2da3c53daf57433'}, {u'query': u'The Good Wife', u'sublanguageid': u'pob,spa', u'episode': 3, u'season': 7}]
    2015-10-19 19:30:21,669 (-4e5d4490) :  INFO (logger:31) - subliminal.providers.opensubtitles: No subtitles found

@Bashin have you tried with a higher score?

I would bump it to 95 (considering 11 points to the release group) and see the results...

• pannipanni Posts: 1,144Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja
    edited October 2015

Not convinced that it is solved. I set HI to "don't prefer", and then I refreshed.
    Take a look at this log: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/785d7297e3ee5a3ccfee
    The filename of the video is: Blindspot.S01E03.1080p.HDTV.DD5.1.x264-NTb.mkv
    It downloads a file from opensubtitles and names it Blindspot.S01E03.1080p.HDTV.DD5.1.x264-NTb.en.srt. So far all is good. The problem is that it not only downloads hearing impaired, but it also downloads a subtitle which is for another release. So the sync is really off.
    I suspect your answer will be to increase the points for TV Shows, or am I wrong?
    I am using the default values now (85 for series).

Well, no, your logs show that it works pretty well and according to the book:

2015-10-20 01:19:40,997 (7f067dffb700) : DEBUG (logger:21) - subliminal_patch.patch_provider_pool: Starting score computation for <OpenSubtitlesSubtitle 'http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitles/6329004/sid-idn5q8ap99ro9nsjmnsa49tcp0/blindspot-eight-slim-grins-en' [en]>
    2015-10-20 01:19:41,016 (7f067dffb700) : INFO (logger:23) - subliminal_patch.patch_subtitle: Computing score for matches set([u'episode', u'format', u'series', u'year', u'season', u'video_codec', u'hash']) and
    2015-10-20 01:19:41,016 (7f067dffb700) : DEBUG (logger:21) - subliminal_patch.patch_subtitle: Final matches: set(['hash'])
    2015-10-20 01:19:41,016 (7f067dffb700) : INFO (logger:23) - subliminal_patch.patch_subtitle: Computed score 137

It matches with a score of 137 because "hash" matched. That means that the checksum of your video file matches exactly against the checksum of a video file listed in the subtitle, which is exactly the case. The subtitle found lists "Blindspot.S01E03.1080p.HDTV.DD5.1.x264-NTb.mkv | 3608234827".

That's why this subtitle gets the highest score, even higher than the preferred non-HI ones. Setting your minimum score higher doesn't change that fact. If you want to prevent that, you'll have to either wait for a subtitle with non-hearing-impaired to be released on opensubtitles, which would result in one with a score of 138, or set your HI-mode to "force non-HI".

edited October 2015

@chopeta
    previous unrelated blabbering by myself

I was wrong, it should have matched, with the second criterion in the criterion list: {u'query': u'The Good Wife', u'sublanguageid': u'pob,spa', u'episode': 3, u'season': 7}

I've just tested your criterions against the OpenSubtitles XML-RPC API tester, and it matched.

Could you try again?

edited October 2015

@rfgamaral said:
    This agent only seems to be available withing Movies » Freebase and TV Shows » TheTVDB. However, I use the XBMCnfoMoviesImporter and XBMCnfoTVImporter instead. I'd love to be able to use this plugin within those importers.

Would this be possible?

The support for Sub-Zero has been added by the developer of your agents. You can update your bundles and start using Sub-Zero.

Updated the naming scheme to reflect rewrite.major.minor.build (1.2.11.177 is the same release as 1.1.0.5).

• PMAdminPMAdmin Posts: 99Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 2015

@chopeta said:
    I am still getting "Unknown" subs but I don't know how :| I am using filesystem, current folder and 3 langs (en, es, pt-BR) and with all 3 subs downloaded properly some times I see 4 subs in the subs available list in the player (this is only for new recently added content - old content still need refresh): "English, Español, Unknown, Português" - not happening always, not for all shows and movies, but it's happening... will try to reproduce it and grab some logs.

When you are doing a full refresh, are you deleting the subzero subtitles first?

@panni, thanks for the updates! is the deletion mandatory before doing a full refresh? I guess if you dont remove them, you wont get new ones for those right? (can't wait for the functions to include the score, then we wont have to remove the subtitles first).

• BashinBashin Posts: 18Members ✭✭

@panni said:
    That's why this subtitle gets the highest score, even higher than the preferred non-HI ones. Setting your minimum score higher doesn't change that fact. If you want to prevent that, you'll have to either wait for a subtitle with non-hearing-impaired to be released on opensubtitles, which would result in one with a score of 138, or set your HI-mode to "force non-HI".

You are correct. Someone at Opensubtitles have associated the NTb release with this SDH/HI subtitle. So this is an error at OS and not by this agent.
    Glad to see that this agent has become to this stage that it is more likely an error at the metadata site than it is the agents fault. Well done!

@PMAdmin said:
    panni, thanks for the updates! is the deletion mandatory before doing a full refresh? I guess if you dont remove them, you wont get new ones for those right? (can't wait for the functions to include the score, then we wont have to remove the subtitles first).

Well, yes, unless you temporarily disable "Scan: include external subtitles".

• aptalcaaptalca Posts: 285Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Panni, great job on this plugin.

The only thing is, (not a fault of the plugin) if one is adding the media soon after release, especially for TV shows, likely there are no subtitles yet. They become available within a few hours. Right now, one has to go into the plex web interface and force a refresh for the specific media for this plugin to retrieve the subtitle.

I have a suggestion for a new feature, but not sure whether feasible or whether to difficult to implement.

The plugin could maintain a list of new media added, that the plugin didn't find a subtitle for, and a background service could search again after a specific period (6 hours?) for the missing subtitles? The trakt.tv plugin has a background service that runs on user set intervals.

edited October 2015

@aptalca I'm working on that feature for the 1.3.0 release. It will do exactly that, but it will use the Plex recently_added API, filter out the results, and refresh those media files regularly.

I'm working on several settings for that, though, as it must be possible to exclude certain libraries, series and movies from that automatic refresh, as there are certain things (like for example Anime libraries), where the files will never have any subs, and you don't want to waste your precious API calls on those limiting subtitle providers for those.
    Then the timeframe for the scheduler has to be configurable - I'm thinking of a dropdown list with 3, 6, 12, 24 hours.

After the missing subtitles feature I'll tone down the release frequency a bit, as I still have a fulltime job :)

@PMAdmin I am not deleting the subs I already downloaded (unless I found one that's clearly wrong, in this case I would manually delete it from my filesystem something I couldn't do before using PMS metadata scheme).

My libraries are huge so I would never be able to download all subs in a single refresh due to providers anti-abuse policies.

• PMAdminPMAdmin Posts: 99Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@chopeta said:
    PMAdmin I am not deleting the subs I already downloaded (unless I found one that's clearly wrong, in this case I would manually delete it from my filesystem something I couldn't do before using PMS metadata scheme).

My libraries are huge so I would never be able to download all subs in a single refresh due to providers anti-abuse policies.

Ah i see, just refreshing ago in case currently missing subtitles are found. Thanks for your clear answer.

I know about the "big libs probs", I have the same collect addiction :)

• phunkysaiphunkysai Posts: 1,171Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Does this have the ability to wait a certain time period before trying to find subtitles? I have found that most of the subs for my shows appear a day or two after the show airs....

• ledge74ledge74 Posts: 275Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@phunkysai this has already been answered two posts before yours

@panni said:
    aptalca I'm working on that feature for the 1.3.0 release. It will do exactly that, but it will use the Plex recently_added API, filter out the results, and refresh those media files regularly.

I'm working on several settings for that, though, as it must be possible to exclude certain libraries, series and movies from that automatic refresh, as there are certain things (like for example Anime libraries), where the files will never have any subs, and you don't want to waste your precious API calls on those limiting subtitle providers for those.
    Then the timeframe for the scheduler has to be configurable - I'm thinking of a dropdown list with 3, 6, 12, 24 hours.

After the missing subtitles feature I'll tone down the release frequency a bit, as I still have a fulltime job :)

My Projects:

• Cast Rocket for Plex, a Chrome extension for sending online content to be played on your Plex client. 
  • phunkysaiphunkysai Posts: 1,171Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Whoops sorry!

• ressofressof Posts: 17Members ✭✭

Hello

Im trying to download subtitle for my series but it doesent work, I have choosen to download the subtitle as metadata and according to the log the file is downloaded but it wont show up plex. Can you please help me. Here are my log file: pastebin.com/Yp9LaCAg

edited October 2015

@ressof do you have Local Media Assets enabled and below Sub-Zero?
    Does changing storage to external change anything?

• MaciejKMaciejK Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello,
    I have trouble with downloading subtitles. I have added both accounts (OpenSubtitles & Addic7ed) and have it as my main agent with local media assets in second place. I tried to find my log files (Mac OS X) but I don't even have a Logs folder. The furthest folder I have is "Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/". Do you know why the folder does not exist?