If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Release: Sub-Zero 2.0.33.1871 - Subtitles done right.

Comments

• pannipanni Posts: 1,056Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

@MaciejK nope, I don't have a Mac myself. Perhaps some other user can help you?

• ledge74ledge74 Posts: 274Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@MaciejK said:
    Hello,
    I have trouble with downloading subtitles. I have added both accounts (OpenSubtitles & Addic7ed) and have it as my main agent with local media assets in second place. I tried to find my log files (Mac OS X) but I don't even have a Logs folder. The furthest folder I have is "Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/". Do you know why the folder does not exist?

To see the logs open the console app (it's in applications -> utilities -> console.app) and look for it in the sidebar inside the "PMS plugin logs" section. The log file is named com.plexapp.agents.subzero.log

You can also find the file in the following location ~/Library/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/

My Projects:

• Cast Rocket for Plex, a Chrome extension for sending online content to be played on your Plex client. 
  • MaciejKMaciejK Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank you so much for the help. I'll go through the logs and hopefully figure out what's wrong. Is there a way to manually download subtitles for a specific show?

• katarkatar Posts: 35Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

hi,

now i try download subtitles in opensubtitles with Sub-zero, but don't download... now i try download this file "Wayward.Pines.S01E02.1080p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION" in Portuguese... my log
    http://pastebin.com/mua02n0E

• ressofressof Posts: 17Members ✭✭

@panni said:
    ressof do you have Local Media Assets enabled and below Sub-Zero?
    Does changing storage to external change anything?

I have LMA enabled and below Sub-Zero.
    Changing to external the subtitle is downloaded and placed next to the movie file. But if I change to MetaData again the file is not downloaded

OK, then we have a problem. Can someone create a ticket on github?

• cybercontrolcybercontrol Posts: 39Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 2015

Is there a way to force refresh subtitles from the linux commandline for example one episode or movie?

• atrusatrus Posts: 11,100Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@cybercontrol said:
    Is there a way to force refresh subtitles from the linux commandline for example one episode or movie?

Yup! https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201242707-Plex-Media-Scanner-via-Command-Line

 Mac mini 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 (With Fusion drive) (PM score: 7347)  Panasonic VT50 (55 inch)  Pioneer VSX-2021 Receiver  Norco 24-bay NAS (CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240v2 3,4GHz, PM score: 9300) 
    New to Plex/Nine? Watch my screencast video (slightly out-dated nowadays, but still informative for new users)
    Want to know how to handle subtitles? Watch my subtitle screencast video (out-dated, but still informative), and this One Minute Subtitle Addendum screencast
    Always attach log files if you are reporting an issue: Log file info & location
    Get Plex guides here: Howto name your files NAS guide Troubleshooting Plex Support Page
  • ledge74ledge74 Posts: 274Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 2015

@cybercontrol said:

I've found that the plex media server command line don't work for refreshing metadata.

My workaround is to use sqlite to query the Plex ID of the item your want to refresh, then trigger the refresh with a put.

My bash script looks like this:

fullpath="/Volumes/Macintosh\ HD\ 2/Movies/TV\ Shows/Unwatched/The\ Returned/Season\ 02/The\ Returned\ -\ S02E08/Les.Revenants.S02E08.FiNAL.PROPER.FRENCH.720p.HDTV.DD5.1.x264-PoLY.mkv" plexpath=$(echo "$fullpath"|sed "s@\\\\@@g") plexid=$(/Users/MCSanchez/Documents/sqlite3 "/Users/MCSanchez/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db" "select metadata_item_id from media_items where id IS (SELECT media_item_id FROM media_parts WHERE file IS '$plexpath')") url=http://127.0.0.1:32400/library/metadata/$plexid/refresh curl -X PUT $url

To make it work download sqlite3 command line tool for unix, and adapt the path for :

• Your video. Mine is : /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD\ 2/Movies/TV\ Shows/Unwatched/The\ Returned/Season\ 02/The\ Returned\ -\ S02E08/Les.Revenants.S02E08.FiNAL.PROPER.FRENCH.720p.HDTV.DD5.1.x264-PoLY.mkv in this example
    • sqlite. Mine is : /Users/MCSanchez/Documents/sqlite3
    • The plex database. Mine is /Users/MCSanchez/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db

Are you able to refresh metadata via command line? I would like an example if possible because I can only trigger a scan, which doesn't refresh metadata.

My Projects:

• Cast Rocket for Plex, a Chrome extension for sending online content to be played on your Plex client. 
  • cybercontrolcybercontrol Posts: 39Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@atrus said:
    @ledge74 said:
    Are you able to refresh metadata via command line? I would like an example if possible because I can only trigger a scan, which doesn't refresh metadata.

I don't want/need to refresh all metadata, only force refresh subtitles even if they are there already. (and even though "Scan: include external subtitles (skip if existing)" is enabled).

Thanks for your input, I will poke around with the media-scanner and sqlite this weekend :D

• atrusatrus Posts: 11,100Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@ledge74 said:

Haven't tried in a really long time. But I think a --refresh --item XXX should work.

 Mac mini 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 (With Fusion drive) (PM score: 7347)  Panasonic VT50 (55 inch)  Pioneer VSX-2021 Receiver  Norco 24-bay NAS (CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240v2 3,4GHz, PM score: 9300) 
    New to Plex/Nine? Watch my screencast video (slightly out-dated nowadays, but still informative for new users)
    Want to know how to handle subtitles? Watch my subtitle screencast video (out-dated, but still informative), and this One Minute Subtitle Addendum screencast
    Always attach log files if you are reporting an issue: Log file info & location
    Get Plex guides here: Howto name your files NAS guide Troubleshooting Plex Support Page

@panni said:
    OK, then we have a problem. Can someone create a ticket on github?

I have created a ticket on github now

@katar said:
    hi,

now i try download subtitles in opensubtitles with Sub-zero, but don't download... now i try download this file "Wayward.Pines.S01E02.1080p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION" in Portuguese... my log
    http://pastebin.com/mua02n0E

In your log I don't see any action besides you setting the minimum scores lower and lower (I wouldn't do that). Though no subtitle search occurred. Did you hit refresh on the episode you want a subtitle for?

edited October 2015

1.2.11.180 released. Major fixes for metadata storage and metadata handling.

@ressof please check if your problems are gone :)

• kidiavnkidiavn Posts: 4Members ✭✭

I have a problem with the show Chicago P.D. SZ can download subtitle for episode S03E03 but not S03E04.

My log is here pastebin.com/iKQqH1U7

edited October 2015

@kidiavn your media files aren't named consistently. The show name that's matching is "Chicago PD", not "Chicago P.D" as your S03E04 file suggests. Renaming S03E04 to Chicago PD - S03E04 - Debts of the Past.mp4 should work.

Addic7ed should be able to detect "Chicago P.D" (P D), though. Which version of SZ are you using? (Reminder to myself: include version in logs)

@panni said:
    1.2.11.180 released. Major fixes for metadata storage and metadata handling.

ressof please check if your problems are gone :)

The metadata subtitles is now working, thank you for your help @panni

• kidiavnkidiavn Posts: 4Members ✭✭

@panni said:
    kidiavn your media files aren't named consistently. The show name that's matching is "Chicago PD", not "Chicago P.D" as your S03E04 file suggests. Renaming S03E04 to Chicago PD - S03E04 - Debts of the Past.mp4 should work.

Addic7ed should be able to detect "Chicago P.D" (P D), though. Which version of SZ are you using? (Reminder to myself: include version in logs)

I'm using the latest version 1.2.11.180. Renaming S03E04 like you said is working. (that episode was downloaded and renamed automatically by Sickrage while S03E03 was renamed manually by myself, hence the naming-inconsistently)

edited October 2015

OK, I'll see whether I can fix that specific problem with Chicago P.D, or not.

Edit: I can fix the handling with Addic7ed I hope, but not tvsubtitles. I'll add a ticket for a future enhancement to first match the series name on TheTVDB to get a normalized series name.
    Edit 2: The bleeding edge should at least match "Chicago P.D" on Addic7ed.

edited October 2015

Prepare for 1.3.0 beta branch guys and gals, and some nifty features :)
    The branch will be separately active until it replaces 1.2 stable.

You can track the branch here.

Projected features for 1.3.0 currently:

• generic task scheduler to execute stuff
    • automatic search for missing subtitles (via plex's recently added items)
    • store downloaded subtitle information (scores, provider, hash, ...) for later features (such as search-for-better-subtitles, hopefully)
    • (hopefully) route endpoints to trigger certain events (such as force search for item, search for missing subtitles, examples, not final: /video/subzero/recent/refresh or /video/subzero/recent/ITEMID/force)
    • version information per subtitle search to simplify bug reports

Those enable (for future versions):

• a separate front-end plugin (I'm aiming for Raiden.bundle) to trigger subtitle refreshes, per item/season/series/movie, forced or non-forced, show current status, and more
    • search for subtitles on play/pause/stop