If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] KissNetwork

Comments

• senchisenchi Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same problem, and the only solution that worked for me is to delete the com.plexapp.plugins.kissnetwork folder and restart pms.

My OS is Windows 8.1

• TwoureTwoure Posts: 583Members ✭✭✭

@senchi thanks for the logs, looking into a solution so people don't have to delete their com.plexapp.plugins.kissnetwork folder. This is an issue I had awhile ago, but thought I fixed it, obviously not. The logs will help me with pinning this down.

@senchi & @sertismediah Thanks for bringing the header issue to my attention.

I just pushed an update that should fix this problem for now.

I found out that on a fresh install on an older system that the Threaded BrackgroudAutoCache (located in init.py) process was not setting the headers. Don't know why, but assume it is a timing error. The current solution is more of a work around until I figure out how to properly handle threading. When I get some time I'll look into threading again.

Cheers

Always feel free to ask here or create an issue over at GitHub.

• matrixebizmatrixebiz Posts: 222Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and the plug-in is not showing up. I've restarted the service but still not showing up :( I've installed many plug-ins already without hiccup.

@matrixebiz said:
    I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and the plug-in is not showing up. I've restarted the service but still not showing up

It might be a java issue, you may need to install nodejs sudo apt-get install nodejs
    Also as you would know, make sure the channel has proper permissions in Ubuntu.

Without seeing the error being produced in your logs, I don't have much to go off of. If I get time, I'll test this in a clean vm.

I didn't really want to install Java, so this will stop it from showing up in my channel list? Wierd.
    How do I get the logs?

@matrixebiz said:
    How do I get the logs?

I explain that here

log location for me on Ubuntu is here
    /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application\ Support/Plex\ Media\ Server/Logs/PMS\ Plugin\ Logs/com.plexapp.plugins.kissnetwork.log

Logs will be .log, .log.1, etc... the # are older iterations. The log files have a growth limit/time and then start over but keep the last 5 or so.

You can also use tail -f path in a terminal (replace path with log file path) to view the files as they grow, ie watch as you interact with the channel.

edited November 2015

I installed the java stuff and it's showing up now :)

@matrixebiz said:
    I installed the java stuff and it's showing up now :)

Glad to hear it's working for you.

• sertismediahsertismediah Posts: 2Members

Thanks, i'm using a FreeNAS plugin for Plex, so dependency issues are probably a factor.

edited November 2015

Heads up, kissmanga is now behind a cloudflare anti bot. The covers are hosted on the site but the albums are not (so that's good), also the cookie time changed. If you want to use the manga section before I push an update, then refer to #Comment_1042349 where I explain how to change the cache time. The correct time now for kissmanga is 6 days.

Otherwise just disable the manga section in the Prefs and wait a bit, I'm working on a patch right now with some other improvements. I'm playing around with the option to cache all cover images locally, with an optional timed refresh (ie every x-amount of time/days clear the local image cache etc...). Also I'm adding in a test for the cfscrape code that will execute the first time the channel is accessed after this update. If it fails the test then the channel won't work and you'll be notified to install a JavaScript Runtime. The test will only run once if your server passes.

• arjanvantendearjanvantende Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I 'm running windows 2012r2 server and de plug-in is not showing up.

read above java is needed, is java runtime 8 enough

download is Twoure-KissNetwork.bundle-v0.04-26-g21a4e2c (1)
    not 0.5
    where can i download the latest version

@arjanvantende said:
    download is Twoure-KissNetwork.bundle-v0.04-26-g21a4e2c (1)
    not 0.5
    where can i download the latest version

Sorry, updated the download link, on the first post, to
    https://github.com/Twoure/KissNetwork.bundle/archive/master.zip
    to avoid confusion. Technically what you have is the latest, it's labeled that way based off of Github's legacy service for links (I believe). But just in case it's not you can use the new link.

Not getting the channel visible

Nov 04, 2015 23:27:32:770 [4724] ERROR - Timeout or error reading status line from plug-in pipe [com.plexapp.plugins.kissnetwork], we're killing it.
    Nov 04, 2015 23:27:32:770 [4724] DEBUG - Stopping [com.plexapp.plugins.kissnetwork].
    Nov 04, 2015 23:27:32:770 [4724] DEBUG - [com.plexapp.plugins.kissnetwork] Killing.
    Nov 04, 2015 23:27:32:770 [4724] ERROR - Error received reading configuration for com.plexapp.plugins.kissnetwork
    Nov 04, 2015 23:27:32:770 [4724] DEBUG - Stopping [com.plexapp.plugins.kissnetwork].

logs added

any suggestions

• 9rax99rax9 Posts: 105Members ✭✭

This is good news.

~Running into error's on every channel listed~

Heads up, kissanime.com just changed over to kissanime.to. I've made many small fixes/changes in the last few days, so will be releasing Version 0.06 soon, hopefully today or tomorrow. Version 0.06 will account for the kissanime change.

For those of you having problems with channel showing up at all, please wait until Version 0.06 and then report back to me if your problem persist.

edited November 2015

Version 0.06

Big update this time. Kissanime.com moved to Kissanime.to and Kissmanga is now behind cloudflare anit bot rules.

Small list of updates:

• Dynamically set Domains
    • Added: About / Help, Dev Tools, and Bookmark Tools. Look to Operations for usage.
    • Option to Cache all covers images
    • Thumbs and Art work updated
    • Improved metadata handling
    • New Cloudflare Test for channel

• If Updating from a previous version, then please "Enable Developer Tools" and reset Header_Dict.

• Navigate to Header Reset by: About/Help > Developer Tools > Reset Header_Dict File
    • If Bookmarks are broken, the use "Clear All Bookmarks" or if that option is unavailable then use "Reset All Bookmarks"

• Navigate to Bookmark Reset by: About/Help > Developer Tools > Bookmark Tools > Reset "All" Bookmarks

If you have issues, please check them against the current "Known Issues". Otherwise feel free to ask here or create an issue over at GitHub.

Source: https://github.com/Twoure/KissNetwork.bundle
    Development: https://github.com/Twoure/KissNetwork.bundle/tree/dev

edited November 2015

@sertismediah @arjanvantende
    With Version 0.06, are you still experiencing the same problems?

twoure,
    on my current installation its still not working, but on a clean install of windows 2012r2 and only your plug-in it works.

so i've done something wrong and i'm going too migrate too the new install

thanks for the hard work.