If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] KissNetwork

Comments

• BellerophonBellerophon Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It worked for about a day, then when I try to use the Anime section, I'm getting "Please wait a second or two while the URL Headers are set, then try again." The other sections such as "Drama" & "Cartoons" work fine.

• TwoureTwoure Posts: 583Members ✭✭✭

@Bellerophon I too found some bugs and have been working on them since the last update. I'm waiting to document my current fix before pushing it to Github. I'll post the fix here when it's ready. After the fix, let me know if it stops working again.

In the mean time you can try Reseting the Header_Dict file. I explain how to reset the headers from within the channel in Comment_1055700.
    In my current unpublished fix I have added a way to only reset the Anime header, or Drama header, or etc... so in the future you don't have to rebuild the entire file every time if need be.

For everyone else:
    Please note that Kissmanga cookie cache time has changed again. I have it set to 'Manga': Datetime.Delta(hours=23) in my current unpublished fix.

Fix should be out tomorrow.

edited November 2015

Version 0.07

(Released 11/10/2015)

Well my fix turned into the next release, but in a way it's an exciting release today. I learned how to included the thumbs and artwork within the Service URLs, so now the video/episode/movie page will include glorious (low resolution) thumbs and artwork. (Note: thumbs will only show up if you enable local caching in Channel Prefs)

Also, most common issues can now be solved within the channel via the Developer Tools section. Read through Developer Tools Section of Operations for usage.

Unfortunately for now, the header cache times are a limiting factor on channel stability. Currently I'm working on a way to get cookie expiration datetimes dynamically so I/we don't have to play the juggling game of cache times. An alternative would be creating an input field to add custom cache times or an option in Prefs with a list of predefined cache times.

Fixes:

• Kissmanga cookie cache, changed from 6 days to 23 hours
    • Bookmark image cache error
    • Dict writing too fast while saving images
    • Channel Startup Error, was trying to access the support path before it was built
    • Summary locations

Updates / Changes:

• Added Update type Header, type = Anime, Drama, Cartoon, Manga. Located in Developer Tools
    • Added thumb and art to MovieObject, EpisodeObject, and VideoClipObject
    • Split out test.pys into common.pys and headers.pys
    • Removed try/except logic from calling URL's. Allows error tracking

If you have issues, please check them against the current "Known Issues". Also Please include com.plexapp.plugins.kissnetwork.log and com.plexapp.system.log here or on Pastebin when getting an issue resolved.

NOTE: For Windows your username is included in your log files. It's generated whenever a Path is logged because the Channel is located within your users AppData. This does not apply to Windows Server if the Channel is installed in the Admin user folder. Delete/Replace your username before posting logs if it bothers you.

Always feel free to ask here or create an issue over at GitHub.

Source: https://github.com/Twoure/KissNetwork.bundle
    Development: https://github.com/Twoure/KissNetwork.bundle/tree/dev

I've mainly used the Anime section so far, but everything seems to be working perfectly so far! Tanks a lot! =]

• HalcyonXHalcyonX Posts: 13Members ✭✭

Oh meh glob! I can go to the next page on Latest updates :) you're the absolute best!

@Twoure , Is there a way you can pull the image for the show on its page from /Uploads/Etc where it's stored on all the sites and display it when we click on the show? (: just an idea.
    Also let me know if you want help with art, I've got plenty of free time.

edited November 2015

@HalcyonX yes and no to the image caching issue. I've currently setup the coves to be cached in a threaded manner. This way the image can download while you browser, and then be available the next time a you visit a page with that show on it. If I make the channel wait for the image to be downloaded before the channel presents a list of shows, then the channel will timeout if using "Plex Web" as client. That is the reason the covers are not present at first.

As for your suggestion, I'm assuming you are talking about a one time download of all the images to display later (and then some kind of check for new show images as they appear). The immediate issue would be accessing the /Uploads/Etc without specifying an image, which currently all I get is an error "403 Forbidden: Access is denied." message.

At one point I looked into including a piece of code that would rehost the images to imgur so you wouldn't have to cache them locally. For that I would need to create a custom dictionary or something to keep track of what show corresponds to its new imgur link. But this is a costly method if everyone that used the channel is rehosting off the same imgur api key. I could instead do it once for everyone myself and then include a file/code with the associations. This leaves gaps for new episodes and creates a need for me to create an ever changing file/list that the channel would need daily or so. There are sites other than imgur, and I may still look into this method later.

An easier solution would be making some kind of automated process that would go through each sites "All" list, page by page, and trigger the caching process. Of course there is rate limiting to worry about, and I've taken some of that into account when currently caching images. This is doable, and I could allow the user to choose which sites to cache all images, with the option to cache all from all sites.

Thanks for the input, and let me know if the last solution sounds interesting. If so then I'll look into it, but no promises.

Cheers

• pennywizepennywize Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I can't play any anime episodes. Whenever I browse the show I want to watch and press play, nothing happens. Anyone else?:)

Works fine for me. I'm actually using it now as I post this message. ;)

• skivesskives Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi , great plugin and it's working fine for me but I have one question. Adult content is already blocked and I have no options to change it. In previous replies I see you have stated it's keyed to genres but the genre is not listed, could you clarify? Great work many thanks.

@skives said:
    Adult content is already blocked and I have no options to change it.

Read the adult section of Operations. To change default behavior you will need a Plex client that can access a channels preferences. By default the "Allow Adult Content" is unchecked, meaning adult content is not allowed. If it's checked then adult content is allowed.

If someone is sharing this channel with you from their server (ie you are part of a home group and your account is not the main account), then the preferences section of each channel is disabled. If this is the case, then you will need to contact the main account holder for the server and ask them to change the adult preferences.

@skives said:
    In previous replies I see you have stated it's keyed to genres but the genre is not listed, could you clarify?

The kiss sites include genre info on a Shows main site, but not when viewing a list of various shows. The code pulls down and checks the genres when accessing a shows main page (the page with the add/remove bookmark function). Currently my adult content block is keyed to ADULT_LIST = set(['Adult', '****', 'Ecchi', 'Lolicon', 'Mature', 'Yaoi', 'Yuri']). So, if a shows genre list one of the items in my ADULT_LIST then it is blocked, unless the Prefs setting is set to allow Adult Content. Also the KissCartoon site does not include adult genres in a shows genre list, but the KissCartoon site does have adult cartoons. So, my adult content block does not work for the KissCartoon site.

@pennywize said:
    I can't play any anime episodes. Whenever I browse the show I want to watch and press play, nothing happens. Anyone else?:)

I know you state "any anime episodes" but does this happen with any anime show, or for that matter any show from the "Cartoon" or "Drama" sections?

I did find a bug that breaks the channel, but only for certain shows (and it's not many). I've fixed that bug in the new unreleased version 0.08.

Sorry, but there is not much I can do without further information on your part.

• denOpikdenOpik Posts: 2Members

Hi,

Thank you for the awesome plugin!

I'm having a problem playing the stream on my 2010 Samsung TV (1.018) with "Could not connect to server" message, it runs fine on Plex Web 2.4.23 and iOS client 4.0.2

The Plex server 0.9.12.19 runs on Windows 10

Here's the log:

http://pastebin.com/4KFV12ru

Thanks!

• skivesskives Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Many thanks for the info.
    My bad I didn't see the options button as i assumed it was the same as original Kiss anime.
    Once again many thanks for the good works!

• pennywizepennywize Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Twoure said:

@pennywize said:

I know you state "any anime episodes" but does this happen with any anime show, or for that matter any show from the "Cartoon" or "Drama" sections?

I did find a bug that breaks the channel, but only for certain shows (and it's not many). I've fixed that bug in the new unreleased version 0.08.

Sorry, but there is not much I can do without further information on your part.

Nevermind, it was me being an idiot. I assumed I could use my apple remote to just press play when I chose the episode I wanted to watch, but instead I was supposed to click on the episode, toggle left and press on the play button there. :) Just assumed it worked like the rawranime plugin.

• oceanaveoceanave Posts: 1Members

Getting error messages like "Anime "Haikyuu" Not Yet Aired." or "New & Hot list is empty". I already updated the anime headers and reset the header_dict file. Please help me fix this, thanks.

KissAnime site was down for repairs.
    From their site:

"KissAnime closed to fix some serious issues. Please wait."

Site seems to be back up now.

@oceanave This was most likely the cause of your issue, if not then please follow issue instructions from Comment_1058883 and include proper log files (log file locations can be found here).

@oceanave said:
    I already updated the anime headers and reset the header_dict file.

Glad to see someone trying to solve their problem by using the Developer Tools. Sorry it didn't help this time.

Just for clarification, resetting the Header_Dict file will pull down fresh cookies for all sites. Updating Anime Headers will pull down fresh cookies for the Anime site only.

• ImmortalGuruImmortalGuru Posts: 4Members ✭✭

I must be doing something wrong. The only channel I can ever get working with this is kisscartoon. Anime, Drama, and Manga all say "Plex Server Not Responding".

Is there anything going on with these?

I'm getting continues buffering on kissanime on the app but on the website the videos play just fine, any idea what's going on?