If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] KissNetwork

Comments

• TwoureTwoure Posts: 583Members ✭✭✭

@buffysms said:
    Let me know if you find the problem. :)

Here is the problem (taken from your system log file, line 3073)

3073 2015-12-16 23:08:22,238 (111144000) :  DEBUG (services:603) - No service found for URL 'https://kissanime.to/Anime/Blood/Episode-001?id=24209'

The issue is the KissNetwork Channel is not using it's own URL Service Code. You need to restart your Plex Media Server for the service code to register. A simple restart should fix the problem.

• miniopminiop Posts: 239Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Here are the logs.

Restart didnt fix the problem

@miniop said:
    Restart didnt fix the problem

Well the good news is, the URL Service Code is working now. It seems like my URL Expand fix for Samsung TV's is the problem.

If you are comfortable changing a few lines of code then try the following:
    Open KissNetwork.bundle/Contents/Services/URL/KissVideo/ServiceCode.pys file and edit the following lines:

change line 6 from

import base64, urllib2

to

import base64

line 433 from

vurl = urllib2.urlopen(path).url

to

#vurl = urllib2.urlopen(path).url

and line 435 from

return IndirectResponse(VideoClipObject, key=vurl)

to

return IndirectResponse(VideoClipObject, key=path)

This will remove the URL expanded part of the code, it was the urllib2 part. Restart PMS and try playing content.

If you do not want to edit the code then try downloading, unzipping v1.0.4 and copying the contents into the old KissNetwork.bundle folder and then restart PMS.

Let me know how it goes.

• miniopminiop Posts: 239Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Twoure thanks changing the codes worked fine !

• buffysmsbuffysms Posts: 4Members ✭✭
    edited December 2015

@Twoure said:

@buffysms said:
    Let me know if you find the problem. :)

Here is the problem (taken from your system log file, line 3073)

3073 2015-12-16 23:08:22,238 (111144000) :  DEBUG (services:603) - No service found for URL 'https://kissanime.to/Anime/Blood/Episode-001?id=24209'

The issue is the KissNetwork Channel is not using it's own URL Service Code. You need to restart your Plex Media Server for the service code to register. A simple restart should fix the problem.

@Twoure What is the proper way for me to restart PMS? Do I just exit my browser and re-open my browser? I don't see a restart button.

edited January 2016

@buffysms said:
    What is the proper way for me to restart PMS? Do I just exit my browser and re-open my browser? I don't see a restart button.

What OS is your Plex Media Server running on? I'm assuming its Mac of some kind? If so, I have no idea, but can look it up for you later. Otherwise you can always just restart the computer, but that is not ideal for restarting just one program.

• megadpmegadp Posts: 1Members

Awesome work! Any chance that the word "The" can be omitted in alphabetical listing in the future? Just a suggestion. Thanks and keep up the great work!

@megadp said:
    Awesome work!

Thanks.

Any chance that the word "The" can be omitted in alphabetical listing in the future? Just a suggestion. Thanks and keep up the great work!

No, but thanks for the suggestion.

The channel is pulling content from the Kiss sites. For example the A list of Anime is https://kissanime.to/AnimeList?c=a B list is https://kissanime.to/AnimeList?c=b etc... Basically I am not building the list myself, just returning what the website offers.

• dappa2dappa2 Posts: 232Members ✭✭

some weird stuff was going on with this last night, couldn't get nothing to work on the kiss cartoons section so had to go to the source website and continue watching what I wanted via the castbrowser app on my iphone and chromecast, today I notice its working fine but the anime section dont load, I notice sometimes when I go on the source site I get a message asking if i'm human so wonder if that is causing the intermittent issues.

Operating System - Windows 8.1

Plex Media Server - Latest Version

Available Ram 16gb

1 Terrabyte Hardrive

Quad core Processor

1 * Google chromecast

• an303042an303042 Posts: 13Members ✭✭

Hey,
    not sure why, but the channel wont show up. I'm using plex on my qnap nas, fyi.
    Any ideas?

edited December 2015

@an303042 said:
    Hey,
    Any ideas?

You'll need a Javascript Runtime, then try restarting your Plex media server. Other than that I'll need to see your log files.

@Twoure said:

@an303042 said:
    Hey,
    Any ideas?

You'll need a Javascript Runtime, then try restarting your Plex media server. Other than that I'll need to see your log files.

Thanks for the response!
    I installed node.js on the nas (it was available as a qnap package) but the channel still wont show up.
    There isn't even a log file for the plug in.
    Here's the plex media server log though - hope it helps - http://pastebin.com/47TZNJdg
    Thanks again

@dappa2 said:
    some weird stuff was going on with this last night, couldn't get nothing to work on the kiss cartoons section so had to go to the source website and continue watching what I wanted via the castbrowser app on my iphone and chromecast, today I notice its working fine but the anime section dont load, I notice sometimes when I go on the source site I get a message asking if i'm human so wonder if that is causing the intermittent issues.

Please include log files, that way I can see where the channel is having problems. Also I've noted that the KissCartoon site sometimes has issues with its cookies, if so then this may have been your problem. To be sure I'll still need to see your log files.

Refer to Comment_1084965 for log files needed and log file locations.

@an303042 said:
    I installed node.js on the nas (it was available as a qnap package) but the channel still wont show up.

Does the KissNetwork.bundle directory have proper permissions? I see your NAS is running build: linux-debian-i686 qnap for Plex Media Server, so I assume it has the same permission dependencies as any other linux machine.

@Twoure said:

@an303042 said:

Does the KissNetwork.bundle directory have proper permissions? I see your NAS is running build: linux-debian-i686 qnap for Plex Media Server, so I assume it has the same permission dependencies as any other linux machine.

what are they supposed to be? I have them set to rwxr-xr-x. that should work, no?

@an303042 said:
    what are they supposed to be? I have them set to rwxr-xr-x. that should work, no?

I meant something like in Comment_1077529. Beyond this I need to see your log files to help.

@Twoure said:

@an303042 said:

I meant something like in Comment_1077529. Beyond this I need to see your log files to help.

As far as i can tell all permissions are fine. I uploaded the pms log above (http://pastebin.com/47TZNJdg).
    Is there anything else i can provide to help sort this out?
    again - i really appreciate the effort here! :)

So.... nothing?

@an303042 said:
    So.... nothing?

I'm not sure, but I really think it has to do with Java. I'll make a branch to test the channels java code. I'll send you the branch link in a PM to avoid confusing others.

• Haru_IluvatarHaru_Iluvatar Posts: 15Members ✭✭

Hey I installed your channel on my ubuntu machine and I can only get anime to work. manga and cartoons say that they cannot retrieve the content and the logs show critical errors. I included the logs in this post as I do not know what is wrong and was hoping that someone on this fourm could help me out.