If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to get started creating a skin?

mobe13mobe13 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass ✭✭

I'm new to Plex and do UX/UI design. Is there any information out there about how to make your own skin? I've seen some stuff pointing to XBMC (now Kodi), but I'm wondering if there's anything specific to Plex? And if not, what things out there about Kodi are still relevant for Plex? Is there a baseline "starting point" skin out there?

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• mobe13mobe13 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass ✭✭

Thanks for letting me know. For some reason, I can't see the last thread that you sent. I just get a page that says Permission Problem. I would love to read over that if we can figure out the permission issues.

If a new version of PHT is coming soon then, I'll probably wait and see what its like before I invest a lot of time coming up with my own skin.

• MagnumDoomguyMagnumDoomguy Posts: 487Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sorry, my fault. That thread was a Plexpass thread, so you won't be able to see it (wasn't much to see anyways). And making it even more irrelevant -- it's actually out now (again for Plexpass). So far I don't see any skin folders, nor ways to change the skin. :(

Aeon Nox 5 Skin for OpenPHT

Like Aeon Nox 5 and want to donate some money to help support development? Click here to donate.

And officially the new Plex App for computers is not Kodi based, has no skinning ability currently, and if it does in the future, will not be based on the Kodi skinning engine. The previous Plex Home Theater will apparently receive bug fix updates only, with no new features to come to it.

Like Aeon Nox 5 and want to donate some money to help support development? Click here to donate.

• mobe13mobe13 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass ✭✭

Thanks again for letting me know. I've definitely decided to hold off on doing a skin. Maybe in the future they'll add that functionality back.

Is the UI significantly different? I'm curious about what it looks like and the functionality.

If you have the iOS or Android versions of Plex -- it looks and behaves like that.