If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Rename from default "PlexMediaPlayer" on RPi

CapricaCaprica Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just installed this on 2 Macs & a Pi 2. The Macs get named after my system fine but the Pi is still a default "PlexMediaPlayer" No UI option to change this yet or am I missing it somehow?

Plex Server: 2011 Mac mini / 2.3, i5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD / OS: 10.12.6 [Plex 0.9.16.0]

Clients: AppleTV 4 [latest]
-Retina MacBook Pro '14 / 2.5, i7, 16GB, 500GB SSD, OS 10.12.6 [PMP 2.1.0]
-iPad Air 2 / iOS 11 [Plex 4.2.2]
-iPhone 8 / iOS 11 [Plex 4.2.2]

Best Answer

Answers

• MichielMichiel Plex Ninja Posts: 872Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

We will take a look at this and see if we can make that look better :) Thx!

• tobiashietatobiashieta Plex Dev Team Posts: 5,528Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

correct. we are working on that, the reason it's not exposed to the UI is that we haven't got a on screen keyboard yet, but that will have to be added for search, when that's done we will be able also add in text settings.

Follow me on twitter @tobiashieta or G+