Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Why can't I download movies for offline use in my Plex iOS app?

josh.bjosh.b Members Posts: 7 ✭✭

Everything is up to date, I can play anything streaming, but the download button is "greyed" out and unclickable. My buddy has no problem downloading on his IPhone... what gives? Any insight and help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Josh

Answers

• josh.bjosh.b Members Posts: 7 ✭✭

Do I need the monthly Plex Pass subscription for this?

• tonyd04tonyd04 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I'm having the same problem but I disconnected from wifi and went straight LTE and the movies still played. The other problem I see is that the movies show up on the Discover tab but not on the Browse tab in the Movies section.

• tonyd04tonyd04 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

And I have a monthly Plex Pass.

• DavidIrwinDavidIrwin Members, Plex Pass Posts: 392 Plex Pass
    edited November 2015

I think (and someone may correct me on this but...) that to sync the server you are connecting to has to be logged in with an account which has a PlexPass. By default if it is your own server then you are enabled for Sync but if you are sharing from someone else' server they have to enable you for sync which can be done on the friends list by clicking the Edit pencil next to your name, clicking Restricions and turning on "Allow Sync"

Dave
    My opinions are my own. Not all advice will be accurate - I make mistakes!

PMS 1.6.1 (unRAID/Docker), PlexApp ß for iOS 4.12 (iPad mini & iPhone 6), Plex for Roku3 4.4.2, PMP on Windows 1.3.1

• jim1953speedjim1953speed Members Posts: 4 ✭✭

How can I test to see if anything will play

• jim1953speedjim1953speed Members Posts: 4 ✭✭

Why I can't log on to on my app on plex onscreen on, my iPad I need a pin for my account Kandahar can you resend activation mailin account tplese raccount rply arsap!
    Thank you,
    Jim1953speed