My Equipment: Synology DS1813+ | Panasonic TH-L42ET60A & TH-55DX600U | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit PC's | Raspberry Pi 2's & Odroid C2 with OpenPHT
FAQs - READ THIS FIRST!!!!
Welcome to the Plex Synology FAQs page.
This post will try and answer some common questions.
First of all, we urge you to look @ the NAS Guide page
If English is not your native language, then try Google Translate: Copy the URL for this page into Google Translate in order to see the page in your native language.
For those having issues with your Plex Pass subscription, please contact Plex at
- Q0: Posting in the Synology Forum
- Q1: Have I installed the latest version...?
- Q2: Which version do I need, Intel or ARM?
- Q3: How do I install a downloaded .SPK package from Plex?
- Q4: I installed Plex, what's next?
- Q4a: Should I make sure that my media is named correctly? ... YES!
- Q5: Where should I put my media files?
- Q6: Do I have to uninstall before installing a new version?
- Q7: How do I do a complete reinstall of Plex on my Synology NAS?
- Q7a: I don't see the Plex folder anywhere?
- Q8: How do I find the installed version of Plex Media Server?
- Q9: How do I find out what model of Synology NAS I'm running?
- Q10: How do I find the DSM firmware version I am running?
- Q11: Where is Plex Media Server installed on my NAS?
- Q12: Will my Synology NAS be powerful enough to support client X?
- Q13: How do I get to the logs directory?
- Q14: How do I connect to my Synology NAS with SSH?
- Q15: Adding plug-ins to Plex
- Q16: I have a problem with plex.tv, how can I connect to it?
- Q17: My files wont Play in Plex?
- Q18: How do I manually set file permissions using SSH?
- Q19: I added media, but it does not show up in Plex?
- Q20: My NAS is messed up, how do I reinstall DSM?
- Q21: Why wont my NAS display subtitles?
- Q22: Why do I get "You do not have permission to access this server"?
- Q23: Can I use the media files on my second NAS without copying them to the other NAS?
- Q24: Can I use iTunes on my Synology NAS?
- Q25: Migrating Plex from other platforms to a Synology NAS
- Q26: I think my Plex database is corrupt, how do I fix it?
- Q27: How do I install Plex on another volume?
- Q28: How do I check video files for errors on my Windows machine?