If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex naming schemes for FileBot

Comments

• hitechcasiohitechcasio Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Yeah, I tried 4.7 and 4.7.2

• rednoah42rednoah42 Posts: 87Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

4.7.2 definitely works.

• mochsmochs Posts: 4Members

Hi,

I am using filebot for renaming TV Shows. It's a very awesome tool. There is only one thing I am missing when it comes to the {plex} scheme, and I am also not sure if this can be build by manually specifying a format: I have file names like mycoolshow.s04e01.german.720p.forced.idx however filebot does not pick up the forced part of that name. It includes forced subtitles, so according to the plex guides this should be named to "MyCoolShow - S04E01 - MyCoolTitle.ger.forced.idx" instead, filebot wants to rename that without the forced keyword in the name. This will result in unenforced subtitles and also often clashes with the regular subtitles that then end up having the same filename. Is there a way to fix that?

Michael

So .german.720p.forced refers to .ger.forced subtitles? FileBot won't pick it up if your filenames are too bad. .german.forced might just work.

You can always force that tag from the filename yourself in the format:

{'.'+fn.match(/forced/)}

• mochsmochs Posts: 4Members

It seems that the {plex} style doesn't check for forced at all. I tried renaming a file to showname.s01e01.ger.forced.sub and it still didn't pick that up.

However, editing the style to be {plex}{'.'+fn.match(/forced/)} works, thanks!

• tom_mixtom_mix Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 2016

I am just getting familiar with filebot...its really amazing. I wish I had known about it 2 months ago. I wasted 20+ hours renaming things or trying to write a python script to do same.

So anyway, now that I have found it, I figured I would keep it simple and use the {plex} binding.

However, the first folder I dropped was for the TV series "Black Mirror" and everything works great, however Black Mirror is a little strange in that there is one episode that was not in a season proper, but was a Christmas special. See here I am suspecting that the {plex} script logic doesn't check for specials...?

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 27,291Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@tom_mix said:
    I am suspecting that the {plex} script logic doesn't check for specials...?

only @rednoah42 might be able to confirm that.

In the meantime: Specials are using the season number 00
    see https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/779113/#Comment_779113

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging

Black Mirror episodes according to {plex} format:

TV Shows/Black Mirror/Season 01/Black Mirror - S01E01 - The National Anthem
    TV Shows/Black Mirror/Season 01/Black Mirror - S01E02 - 15 Million Merits
    TV Shows/Black Mirror/Season 01/Black Mirror - S01E03 - The Entire History of You
    TV Shows/Black Mirror/Season 02/Black Mirror - S02E01 - Be Right Back
    TV Shows/Black Mirror/Season 02/Black Mirror - S02E02 - White Bear
    TV Shows/Black Mirror/Season 02/Black Mirror - S02E03 - The Waldo Moment
    TV Shows/Black Mirror/Season 03/Black Mirror - S03E01 - San Junipero
    TV Shows/Black Mirror/Season 03/Black Mirror - S03E02 - Shut Up and Dance
    TV Shows/Black Mirror/Season 03/Black Mirror - S03E03 - Nosedive
    TV Shows/Black Mirror/Season 03/Black Mirror - S03E04 - Men Against Fire
    TV Shows/Black Mirror/Season 03/Black Mirror - S03E05 - Hated in the Nation
    TV Shows/Black Mirror/Season 03/Black Mirror - S03E06 - Playtest
    TV Shows/Black Mirror/Specials/Black Mirror - S00E01 - White Christmas

Looks good to me.

• KiladKilad Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Man I wish I would have seen this post about a thousand files ago, lmao
    This is an awesome idea and I will be downloading now to give it a try.

• KiladKilad Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ok after using this all day yesterday and today I have to say that this program is awesome. There really needs to be a link to this program in the Media Preparation section for Plex. The program is straight forward and easy to use. I like the Validate button that removes the colon that is very handy. The time that this program has saved me converting an old iTunes database into plex format named files is immeasurable but has to be more than a hundred hours.

• per_PLEX_edper_PLEX_ed Posts: 580Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Agreed, I love, Love, LOVE Filebot. I was hesitant to install it at first because I'm vehemently against installing Java, but broke down a few weeks ago and yes it's AWESOME. I wish I hadn't been so stubborn before, it would have saved me many, many unhappy hours (re)naming every single one of my episodes. Thanks for creating this awesome app!

Tutorial:

How to create an infinite Plex media server using a VPS and Cloud service
    My VPS: SSD Nodes - KVM / X-Large. Specs: 16GB RAM * 80GB SSD * 8TB transfer * 4-core processor

• camncharcamnchar Posts: 201Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Another thank you for Filebot. It has saved me hours and hours of time.

• PaiNFuLSeDaTiVePaiNFuLSeDaTiVe Posts: 60Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Filebot has been a life saver for me and is part of my regular routine when adding media to my Plex server... its definitely the easiest renaming tool I have ever used for video. Does Filebot have any future designs to include music files? Considering how in depth music files can get, I can understand if there's no desire there :) I currently use MusicBrainz for my music, for those of you unfamiliar with it you should definitely check it out. It saved me months of work fixing all of my 1TB worth of music files to get Plex to recognize it properly.

Kudos to Filebot! What a great app!

• HitsVilleHitsVille Posts: 545Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@PaiNFuLSeDaTiVe said:
    Filebot has been a life saver for me and is part of my regular routine when adding media to my Plex server... its definitely the easiest renaming tool I have ever used for video. Does Filebot have any future designs to include music files? Considering how in depth music files can get, I can understand if there's no desire there :) I currently use MusicBrainz for my music, for those of you unfamiliar with it you should definitely check it out. It saved me months of work fixing all of my 1TB worth of music files to get Plex to recognize it properly.

I thought Filebot already supported music TBH...However Music Brainz Picard is awesome. ;)

HitsVille

@HitsVille said:

@PaiNFuLSeDaTiVe said:

I thought Filebot already supported music TBH...However Music Brainz Picard is awesome. ;)

I didn't see an option for music on the left panel so I assumed it wasn't supported... also I might not be on the latest version lol... and yeah it's definitely awesome hehe

• HitsVilleHitsVille Posts: 545Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@PaiNFuLSeDaTiVe said:

@HitsVille said:

@PaiNFuLSeDaTiVe said:

I didn't see an option for music on the left panel so I assumed it wasn't supported... also I might not be on the latest version lol... and yeah it's definitely awesome hehe

At work now but off the top of my head there's a button in Filebot to switch format.
    Music/TV/Movie.

But again I'm on an up to date version.

HitsVille

@HitsVille said:

@PaiNFuLSeDaTiVe said:

@HitsVille said:

@PaiNFuLSeDaTiVe said:

At work now but off the top of my head there's a button in Filebot to switch format.
    Music/TV/Movie.

But again I'm on an up to date version.

oh yeah! lol... ive been using it for video for so long that i havent even looked at changing the modes in months... sure enough its there LOL...

FileBot is now experimentally available on the Windows Store:
    https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh52t9x

This version will be installed and updated automatically by Windows and includes it's own internal JRE so you don't need to worry about or install Java at all.

• MassaguanaMassaguana Posts: 1,850Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Were it possible to make something like this?

From: "Supergirl.S01E01.Geburt.einer.Heldin.German.DL.720p.BluRay.x264-Massaguana"

to: Supergirl - S01E01 - Geburt einer Heldin [German.DL.720p.BluRay.x264-Massaguana]

Would like to receive the scene infos

Primary PMS: Thecus N10850, 16GB RAM, Intel Xeon Quad "E3-1225" 3,1 GHz

Secundary PMS: KVM VPS Server(https://zxplay.co.uk/), 2 GB RAM, 3 E5v3 CPU Cores (3664 Passmark), GSuite & ACD Storage Crypted with rclone and plexdrive

Media Storage: Thecus N10850 10x 6 TB Raid6 Crypted

Desktop Clients: 1 x MacPro 5,1, 2 x 27" iMac, 1x Asus Chromebox OpenPHT, 3x Raspberry Pi OpenPHT, Samsung TV KS9090
    Mobile Clients: 1 x iPhone 6s, 1 x iPhone 6, 1 x iPhone 7+, 1 x iPad Air, 1x iPad Pro 12,9

Airplay Targets: 1x Denon AVR-4311 

Yes. There is many ways.

You can use the vc, source, vc and group bindings to recreate the scene naming format. Alternatively, you can use something like fn.after(/German.DL/) to retain bits and pieces of the original filename.