If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Photo slideshow on ATV4

ApplexTVApplexTV Posts: 1Members

Hi,

I am starting with Plex on ATV4.
Is it possible to start a Slideshow on the Plex app for ATV4?

br,
Bert

Tagged:

Answers

• C-lonC-lon Posts: 125Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

... wondering the same thing... anyone with an ATV4?

• zenyatta80zenyatta80 Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Would appreciate if someone can answer this question since there is no guide for the Apple TV app yet.

• bradlev123bradlev123 Posts: 3Members ✭✭

I am also looking for this feature but it doesn't look like a slideshow is possible at this point unless someone knows of a setting?

• hobdellhobdell Posts: 1Members

Indeed, it is frustrating that there is no slideshow option. It works fine on the Plex Theatre on the PC but not on ATV4. I need to manually move through the photos.

• Sat0rNSat0rN Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'd also like this feature to be implemented in the next release.

• KaatuKaatu Posts: 47Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Me too, please add it.

• JPV AppleTVJPV AppleTV Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'll pay for this option !!! Just a simple auto step-through looping slideshow that would display a photo for 5 seconds, automatically display the next photo and repeat from start.

• joaotdavidjoaotdavid Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would love that also...

• Allan68Allan68 Posts: 497Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm sure it's coming in time, but I think right now development is focusing on the core aspects of the client. Things like home video and photos usually from what I read on other clients are done last. Remember, this client is still a newborn baby and will grow nicely as time passes.

• C-lonC-lon Posts: 125Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

... its a shame that all media besides movies and tv shows are completely neglected over here at plex (not just within the new ATV)

There's neither a fancy solution for photo slide shows nor home video clips (lots of shortest footage)

• Geoff1956Geoff1956 Posts: 11Members ✭✭

I also would like a slide show option for photos. Is it close? Is it on the agenda?

An update from Plex staff on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks

• dreamer81dreamer81 Posts: 52Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

You can't start a slideshow.

So it makes no points to use plex for photos, since this is an essential feature

So, if Plex has given up on photos, does anyone have an idea for an app that presents photos in a slideshow? There seems to be no existing app in the Apple TV 4 App Store.

I keep thinking it must be me: I am truly surprised at this huge gap in the market.

• KaatuKaatu Posts: 47Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2016

With Plex I have the same problem.
    Even Apple's own slideshow is not working properly.
    Now I use Kodi MrMC: it does the randomized recursive slideshow over all folders and photos exactly as I want.

• manubartmanubart Posts: 33Members ✭✭

Please, the slideshow!

• sorholsorhol Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

slideshow please

Slideshow yet?

• sorholsorhol Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Still no slideshow.....
    Please!

• wheatismwheatism Posts: 93Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Has anyone added a "Feature Request" for this rather than posting here? If yes, I couldn't find the link to vote for it... :-)