If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[Feature Request] Skip Forward = 30seconds

pfipfi Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi Plex Team

Thank you for the great Apple TV App. :-)

Actually are the skip back / skip forward both 10 seconds. In other Plex clients (PHT, iOS) is the skip forward 30 seconds. Can you change this?
Thank you.

• chazplexchazplex Posts: 87Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2015

I think it's a global ATV media player function, and not individual apps. Likely something in the media playback API that Apple doesn't provide a way for developers to customize. Every app's playback slider has the same 10 second forward/back. Would be great if Apple would add the option to configure this in Settings. Personally, I'd like it to be 10 seconds for back, 30 for forward. I do like that I can at least use Siri to 'skip ahead 30 seconds', but doing it with the remote's touchpad would be ideal.

• dharvey1221dharvey1221 Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes 10 seconds back and 30 forward would be great

Mac Pro 3,1 (2) 2.8 QUAD-Core Xenon - 18GB Ram - 250GB SSD - Synology 1511 NAS, Mac Mini PHT and Apple TV
  • Allan68Allan68 Posts: 497Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I love this to

• DavisNLDavisNL Posts: 663Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I actually prefer the more fine-grained control the 10 seconds gives us. Three quick clicks on the remote will give you the 30 seconds skip and it's fairly quick. Alternatively you can use Siri to skip ahead or back any amount of time you specify.

• kevm256kevm256 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

30s forward and 10 back would be way better then the current 10 forward 10 back. Especially when watching DVRed content.

This should be fairly easy to implement using MPRemoteCommandCenter to set the preferredIntervals on the skip commands. (WWDC Video)