If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

End of programs are missing

solublepetersolublepeter Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The last few TV Shows I have watched, the Plex app has stopped playing before the end of the show, missing the last few lines of dialog when end credits are played during a scene.

I have checked the same files using Plex on an iOS device, and the end of the show is present there (along with the production company logo afterwards)

It looks like the TVOS app stops when it sees the end of a file, and doesn't play out the last data from the buffer?

Using latest Apple TV and Plex server (OSX)

Answers

• jakeopolisjakeopolis Posts: 1Members

I am having the same problem, as are many users on the reddit Plex forum. Has this been officially noted?

• nihilvexnihilvex Posts: 2Members

Same issue.
    Using Plex Media Server Version 0.9.12.19.1537-f38ac80 and Apple TV (2015).

• TartufoTartufo Posts: 20Members ✭✭

I'm also having this problem. Not with Plex for ATV but with Simplex. Running 9.12.18.

• truespintruespin Posts: 165Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've also seen this behaviour using PMS 0.9.12.19.1537.
    If I play the episode again, and fast forward to the end, I'm able to see the end of the episode...

• nioduxniodux Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have had the same problem but i updated to version 1.0.3 and latest server verison 0.9.14.1.X and it was gone

• andrewchangandrewchang Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here on my ATV4. All TV episodes end about 1 or 2 minutes before they should.

• plexomaniaplexomania Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same with me I am using Apple TV, 4 I will read more posts for the cure, but for now its USB Flash drives, no more PLEX.
    This does work on a mac - Web Version 2.3.24 Server Version 0.9.12.19
    Does not work with the apple TV 4

• plexomaniaplexomania Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Additional testing found that if I hard wire the Apple TV4 Plex works 100%.
    No so with the WIFi. It cuts out the endings.

• jonnojonno Posts: 47Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi
    i saw this on one torrent side for one uploader FLEET tv and movies

" Beware when downloading FLEET releases - they cut the ending or have issues with playback on some devices "

you might have files from him ?

My Plex world :

2012 Samsung PS60E6505EU 60" 3D Plasma Smart TV   ( Plex v2.005 ) 

2013 Samsung UE55F6755XXE 55"  3D  Led Smart TV   ( Plex v2.005 )

2013 LG 42LN5708  Led Smart TV ( Plex for LG  )

Apple Tv 4  (  Plex ,Simple X ,Infuse ,OneVideo ,MrMC  )

Iphone / Ipad  , Chromecast 2   ( Plex for IOS )  

Plex Home Theater for Pc / Plex Media Center for Pc

• MaxlippensMaxlippens Posts: 1Members

Same Issue with ATV 4 5 minutes before the end of the every episodes.
    server verison 0.9.14

• truespintruespin Posts: 165Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This problem has sent me back to PHT unfortunately.
    @chrisallen is this issue being tracked already? Or should I be asking this question in the PMS forum?

• kfleshnekfleshne Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am seeing this with my new ATV4 running the latest Plex for ATV software. The end of the file is there because I can go back and play it from the same device if I fast forward to the end. It is getting a little annoying, especially when I see a lot of others are having the same issue.

• NafootNafoot Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue! Sometimes, Shows stop 5 minutes before the end on plex ATV 4!

• utahfuntimesutahfuntimes Posts: 47Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Why has Plex not resolved this issue. Still doing it...stops playing with about 5 minutes to go.

• alancunnanealancunnane Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm getting the same problem, on an LG smart TV with the Plex app built in. Episodes tend to cut out a minute or two from the end, meaning I have to start again and fast forward to the point where it stops.

I've seen lots of issues like this in forums - how come it's still happening?

• ValdhorValdhor Posts: 502Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

What version of PMS are you running? There has been a report that the latest (1.5.3.?) version fixes this.

• solublepetersolublepeter Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I haven't seen this in a while (Netflix's habit of chaining the next show in a season far too quickly is much more irritating, so I hadn't been paying as much attention to this)

• midwaybritmidwaybrit Posts: 106Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having the exact same issue , I'm connected via Ethernet not wifi and a few minutes before the end of every show it stops. It's infuriating. I am running the latest version of PMS.

• midwaybritmidwaybrit Posts: 106Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I noticed there is an update just come through for Plex on the ATV,, so hopefully it includes a fix.

• matt_heysmatt_heys Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass

I also have this issue, playback gets a bit choppy at about 5% remaining before eventually stopping. I was wondering if it might be down to some kind of time-code out of sync issue. I find that the playback position on the ATV doesn't always seem to coincide with the actual position like it's drifted or something.

I can however Airplay from my iOS device to the ATV fine, but I like to use a real remote and browse on the TV not my iPhone.

Not sure if the very latest update a few days ago fixes this or not.