If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Translators Wanted! No skinning skills necessary!

MagnumDoomguyMagnumDoomguy Posts: 488Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

If you speak a language other than English, some help in translating Aeon Nox into other languages would be greatly appreciated.

Support is in place for a large number of languages (78 in total). Dutch has already been fully translated. The other languages are in various states (ranging from much of it already translated to hardly anything translated).

The folders for the various languages can be found on github here:

https://github.com/magnumdoomguy/skin.aeon.nox.5/tree/master/language

Inside each language folder there is a single file called "strings.po". The contents look like this:

msgctxt "#42011"
msgid "Reboot"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#42012"
msgid "Set Background"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#42013"
msgid "LowList Toggle"
msgstr ""

The first line in each section is what the skinning engine uses to make this all work. In the skin whenever I want to display text I refer to one of the numbers in the strings.po file, and the engine swaps that number for the text in the second line (for English). The third line is the translation, so for 42012 (for example) to translate it into Dutch it would be changed to:

msgctxt "#42012"
msgid "Set Background"
msgstr "Set Achtergrond"

So if you can speak another language other than English or Dutch and want to help, please let me know.

Aeon Nox 5 Skin for OpenPHT

Like Aeon Nox 5 and want to donate some money to help support development? Click here to donate.

Comments