Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Using music playlists on DNLA receiver

ta3keta3ke Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

Plex is working well as a Media Server with my new AV receiver. Much better than WMC which was frustratingly slow. I'd like to create and use playlists for music - and have now found how to create them in Plex :). But they are not there when I browse the music library from the receiver. Any ideas how I can turn them on?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• ta3keta3ke Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

Thanks. That'll save me a bunch of time.

• RobGodfreyRobGodfrey Members, Plex Pass Posts: 58 Plex Pass

Thanks - will save me a lot of time as well. Very disappointing though.

• gomerilgomeril Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass
    edited September 2016

This means I'll have to go elsewhere for a music server, which I really don't want to do. So my feature request, like you didn't already have enough to do: Rethink and rewrite so playlists can be used by DLNA clients.
    (I use Denon Heos, a DLNA client. BTW, Heos has a horrible, unwieldy execution of its native playlist function. This must be a difficult thing to program. )

• transatlantictransatlantic Members, Plex Pass Posts: 112 Plex Pass

Another Heos user here. +1 for DLNA playlists.

• tlutricktlutrick Members Posts: 8 ✭✭

I love Plex as a video server, but would also support a feature addition for Plex DLNA support to HEOS. I currently use Twonky as a music server. I have not upgraded to Premium as the Music server aspect is what I use the most and Plex does not function. Still waiting for someone to just get iTunes Playlist to work with HEOS and life will be good.

• sjkisssjkiss Members Posts: 15 ✭✭

Another HEOS user here. +1 for DLNA playlists