If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Library Broken

Stevenson-PriceStevenson-Price Plex for iOS / Apple TV DeveloperScotlandPosts: 261Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
New Media Not Identified Correctly & Other Problems
OK, I'm having some problems with the Media Server - I could probably just delete my library and rescan but I don't really want to lose watched statuses and I want to help identify whatever bug caused this.

Basically, here's a list of what's happening:

• New media is not being identified - episodes are just marked as "Episode 4" or whatever for all episodes added since this problem.
  • The Media Server doesn't correctly show any films, tv etc. The window remains blank: http://imgur.com/D9CfW.png Despite this, it does still correctly serve up media until...
  • The media server sometimes get "stuck" in the scanning process and (while not crashing) stops serving up media completely until quit and reopened.

I have attached a zip with my most recent Media Server and Media Scanner log files.

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated. :)

Comments

• Stevenson-PriceStevenson-Price Plex for iOS / Apple TV Developer ScotlandPosts: 261Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    Alex P wrote:

OK, I'm having some problems with the Media Server - I could probably just delete my library and rescan but I don't really want to lose watched statuses and I want to help identify whatever bug caused this.

Basically, here's a list of what's happening:

• New media is not being identified - episodes are just marked as "Episode 4" or whatever for all episodes added since this problem.
    • The Media Server doesn't correctly show any films, tv etc. The window remains blank: http://imgur.com/D9CfW.png Despite this, it does still correctly serve up media until...
    • The media server sometimes get "stuck" in the scanning process and (while not crashing) stops serving up media completely until quit and reopened.

I have attached a zip with my most recent Media Server and Media Scanner log files.

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated. :)

Attaching my com.plexapp.system.log at the request of @plexapp on Twitter. ;)

Let me know if older logs would be useful etc.
  • Stevenson-PriceStevenson-Price Plex for iOS / Apple TV Developer ScotlandPosts: 261Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not, but todays update seems to have fixed my problem (so far!)