If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Translations and how to add your own language.

OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung DeveloperPosts: 7,349Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Since version 2.004, the app has the ability to download and install extra languages!
If you want the app in your own language, you can help out!

We created a new official translation site where you can add your languages and translations:

https://plex.getlocalization.com/plex_samsung/

There are some rules if you want to use the translation in the app:

• The translation has to be at least 90% completed before the language will show up in the app.
  • Do not fill missing translations with English! I will delete the language if you do.
  • You need the version 2.004 beta 3 or later (available for download in the beta section)

If you did all that your own translated language will show up like this, how cool is that :)

All existing translations from the transifex site have already been ported to the new site for your convenience.
So please use the getlocalization site from now on if you want to instant download the language.

Because this will be used as a JSON file in the app,
make sure that translations do not contain characters that are illegal in JSON files!!

If the output is not valid JSON then the app will be unable to download it! which is a good thing :)
If you feel you need to use such a character, you need to "escape" it with a backslash like so:

\"
\
\/
\b
\f
\n
\r
\t
\u followed by four-hex-digits

Have fun translating!

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

Comments

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 25,184Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Please keep in mind that it is not always sensible to translate everything.
    Mostly technical terms should be left alone, especially if they are unique to the Plex ecosystem. Translating these would only lead to confusion and misunderstandings, making support frustrating.

examples for this would be 'Direct Play', 'Direct Stream', 'Transcoding', 'forced' (for subtitles) etc.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • Serveur­Serveur­ Posts: 18Members ✭✭

Hi again Orca, i've been trying 2.004b3 and the new translating system, and it looks great but i found 4 places where some strings aren't translated, i think these are script generated strings that dont take translation in consideration. You can see them in the pictures of this post.

PMS: 0.9.12.19 (Linux)
    CONNECTION: Gigabit Ethernet
    CLIENT: Smart Hub 2.003 & 2.004b2
    SMART TV: Samsung UE46F6400 & UE32F6400

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,349Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Ah , seems I missed a few spots. Thanks ! will fix.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

• Johan76Johan76 Posts: 236Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is it possible to transfer translated strings from other getlocalization.com accounts? For example Plex Android include swedish at 94%.
    I would guess 80 of this is the same as in Plex for Samsung. Just thinking why invent the wheel again if already done!

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,349Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I'm afraid the strings are not the same.
    But you could of course use the already translated file as a reference to make it easier.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

• sigmazerosigmazero Posts: 38Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i've started localizing to arabic :D.., i hope that u can add the arabic subtitle fully supported without any need to use srt2utf ... and also make the arabic subtitle font on plex use a font named Akhbar MT..greetings from egypt

• Davide F.Davide F. Posts: 30Members ✭✭

Update the translation on the site automatically modifies Plex on TV?

• adriantcadriantc Posts: 41Members ✭✭

@Davide F. Yes it does, but you have to reselect it in the UI because onl at selection if gets redownloaded.

Thanks.

One more question, checking the italian translation I found some small errors, for example:

"ordinamento Menu" -> "Ordinamento menu" to maintain consistency with the rest of the graphics.

"conesso" -> "connesso" which lack the double N.
    and others grammatical mistakes around.

But my question is: how my revision can become the first translation?

If your translation gets more 'thumbs up' from other users, it climbs the higher place. i.e. it's a democratic process.

Okay, but if it's just me and the other that has made the mistake to vote for?
    No way to see users who are active in a particular translation?

@Davide F. said:
    Okay, but if it's just me and the other that has made the mistake to vote for?

Then you need to recruit a 3rd one to participate in the project (I guess). Maybe the owner of this translation project can force a change. But this I don't know. (And you have to convince him first that you are right and not the other guy.)

No way to see users who are active in a particular translation?

I don't know. I haven't played enough in there to have a clue.

I removed the wrong translations.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

@Orca said:
    I removed the wrong translations.

Thank you, there are other translations with errors of syntax and punctuation, I must report here?

edited January 2016

-Arabic is now 100% and i can see it in my samsung plex app but when i try to download it it gives me (Unable to access translations, please try again later)
    - I Think Arabic and Hebrew is an RTL language may be persian to , any ways i think that we will have to change the menus from LTR to be RTL in those language

• roytevroytev Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hebrew is 100% now and as my friend sigmazero saying rtl menus for Arabic and Hebrew will be nice
    thanks orca for a great app :)

• leisan2leisan2 Posts: 36Members ✭✭

How I can change the language of the menu? I have to install a beta versión? In my PLEX I can't see the optión to change the menu language. Anyone can help me?

@leisan2 said:
    How I can change the language of the menu? I have to install a beta versión? In my PLEX I can't see the optión to change the menu language. Anyone can help me?

You need to have v 2.004 , languages have just been added.> @sigmazero said:

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

@sigmazero said:
    -Arabic is now 100% and i can see it in my samsung plex app but when i try to download it it gives me (Unable to access translations, please try again later)
    - I Think Arabic and Hebrew is an RTL language may be persian to , any ways i think that we will have to change the menus from LTR to be RTL in those language

Should be fixed now. There were some illegal characters in the translation

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

edited January 2016

@Orca now i can see the arabic menu and its fully working .. sadly the letters is shown this way

ال خ و ادم
    while it should be shown in this way
    الخوادم

i think its an issue regarding the font encoding (i think arabic language needs a font that supports it ).. the same issue btw is shown in the arabic subtitles and i fix it using srt2utf8 (cause plex for samsung doesnt supports arabic subs encoding so i have to change the encoding to utf8)

i've posted a topic back in 2015 regarding this issue

http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/183347/arabic-font-subtitle-for-samsung-plex