If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Shuffle option while shuffling a music playlist

riseguinriseguin Posts: 2Members

I was wondering why the shuffle option disappears when I cast my music playlist to my Chromecast? This option is of much importance, it would be nice to have it!

Thank you,

• riseguinriseguin Posts: 2Members

*playing a music playlist

• JeanrickJeanrick Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I purchased the Plex Pass for one reason only, and that was to shuffle my music playlists and to play my music via my Roku 3. I am very dissappointed to learn that there has been and still is a bug in Plex where one cannot shuffle music in a assembled playlist. This is one of the vital options that virtually every music player has. I note that members have been complaining about this for years and Plex simply ignores the many requests to get this function working properly.
    Please get this sorted out as a matter of urgency!!!!!!!!

• IlinoahIlinoah Posts: 5Members ✭✭

Same for me!! When playing music from the Server to my Android phone, the buttons for Shuffle and Repeat are visible. But when starting to cast the music to chromecast both buttons just disappear. Please add them! There are other (ugly..) chromecast players like BubbleUpnp which support Shuffle and Repeating on chromecast as well!

• PFDulcePFDulce Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Still having this problem... Starting the playlist on your phone and turn on shuffle/repeat THEN casting works for me. Still would like to see a full solution.

• wvujinx@gmail.comwvujinx@gmail.com Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem for me. Please fix