If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Workarounds for app not starting/loading past splash screen (Version 1.3.1) - Fixed in 1.5.1

Dom CDom C Plex EmployeePosts: 997Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
edited December 2015 in Xbox One

We're looking into reports that the latest (1.3) version of the app doesn't load for some users and remains stuck on the loading screen.

If you try and start the app from a different user account then this should hopefully resolve the issue. It's obviously not ideal but we're working with MS to get to the bottom of this.

Reinstalling/uninstalling makes no difference, it seems so please post here if you're still seeing issues after:
- Exiting the app from the main dashboard
- Launching the app from another XB1 account
- Going back to your main account and launching from there

If you do still see issues, please provide details of what your setup is:
- Current number of users, and who is linked to Plex
- If you have auto sign in on
- If you are using Kinect
- What power setting you have enabled - quick launch or energy saver

Thanks, and apologies if this is causing you trouble.

Comments

• kclarke007kclarke007 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2015

No dice.

The other account isn't an XBLive Account however. I went it to it, launched and got the same load circle. Exited Plex, logged back into my profile and still the same problem.

I have one user linked to Plex (This the issue with signing in under the non XBLive Acct)
    Auto Sign in is ON
    I have Kinect
    I'm on Quick Launch.

• psykixpsykix Posts: 305Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I had the same issue. Switching back and forth between accounts eventually got it to work.

I have 7 total users, 4 linked to Plex on the Xbox One.
    Auto Sign in ON
    I have Kinect
    I'm on quick launch

• alexanderjclark@gmail.comalexanderjclark@gmail.com Posts: 37Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I also have the issue since the update.

I only have two of those and one is a friends with game sharing. Because of this I can't try his account as I don't know his password.

I also have Auto Sign in set to ON
    I have Kinect
    I'm on quick launch

• Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 997Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

If you can't access the other accounts then I'd suggest creating a temporary/guest account and try launching from there. Seems that once it has successfully launched under one account things should work elsewhere.

• Dent_Dent_ Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2015

Getting past the loading screen now by switching accounts back and forth. However, now I get server unavailable. Still able to access Plex from computers, iPad, roku, Android tablets and phones. Even tried the phones with WiFi off so that it would access remotely and no problems. Also still able to access Netflix through the Xbox so not a connectivity problem. As well I just checked and the Plex server is up to date.

update
    So after reading another post and finding out that I can select on same network as server under security it is working perfectly.

• alexanderjclark@gmail.comalexanderjclark@gmail.com Posts: 37Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Dom C said:
    If you can't access the other accounts then I'd suggest creating a temporary/guest account and try launching from there. Seems that once it has successfully launched under one account things should work elsewhere.

I've just created a new account on my xbox using a different email address, downloaded & installed Plex but when launched it's the same spinney wheel again. I've tried guest accounts and they don't work either :-(

• hatflixhatflix Posts: 384Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I love plex, but this is pretty disappointing.

I signed out because I don't have another account. I refuse to go through the BS to create one. I signed back in and it did load by happenstance.

• r.lenhart2r.lenhart2 Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Add me in to the disappointed bunch. Have tried everything suggested and nothing works. I can even get the menu to show while the wheel is spinning, just a blank box.

• hatflixhatflix Posts: 384Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@r.lenhart2 said:
    Add me in to the disappointed bunch. Have tried everything suggested and nothing works. I can even get the menu to show while the wheel is spinning, just a blank box.

Latest server beta?

• mcrommertmcrommert Posts: 456Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I had the issue...did a hard reboot...works fine now

PMS: Windows 10 1703 - ASROCK H77 - 28tb pool Stablebit Drivepool & 10tb Google Drive Stablebit Clouddrive
    Main: Kodi (Current Version) with Plex Addon - Bedroom: Roku 3

Also: Chromecast, iPad Mini +, 2x Android Moto G4, OnePlus Three

7Db19DZ.png mcrommert

@hatcher.server said:

@r.lenhart2 said:

Latest server beta?

Server version 0.9.12.19

@mcrommert said:
    I had the issue...did a hard reboot...works fine now

Tried this as well. No go.

• hutchdizzlehutchdizzle Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

No success attempting to launch after switching profiles.

Users: About 6 active users
    Auto Sign on: Yes
    Kinect: Yes
    Power Setting: Quick Start
    PMS: 0.9.12.19

• niallobrniallobr Posts: 138Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I had this issue. All I did to fix it was exit back to the dashboard, press then menu button on the Plex app and select quit, then it worked again. I don't know if this will persist after a reboot.

PMS: Nvidia SHIELD TV / Synology DS1513+

Client: Shield TV / Xbox One S

Remote: Logitech Harmony Elite

• djgeojoedjgeojoe Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Not working for me, hard reset or exit, menu, quit also no dice. Was working (if you can call it working, crashed a lot on Xbox one, missing icons etc.) before today's update, now just load screen spinning circl. sigh Plex app crashes all the time on Amazon Fire tv too. The only thing it run stable on is a PC. Looks like I'm going to have to build a home theater PC again, that's what I got the Xbox one for.

• NINikiNINiki Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Tried all the suggestions here - no go.

Any chance of a rollback to the old version, so we can at least watch stuff while you get this fixed?

Users: 1
    Auto sign on yes, but went on to server and changed this, with no effect.
    Kinnect: no
    Installed the latest server version yesterday, and old app was working perfectly.

• ohhidanielohhidaniel Posts: 4Members Plex Pass

I've done everything that has been suggested, and nothing.

I really hope they are looking into a fix. They could have kept this update to themselves to be honest

• colonelpaniccolonelpanic Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2015

Okay, so I was running server Version 0.9.12.13, updated PlexApp on XBone wasn't working after logout/login and hard reboot.

Upgraded to server Version 0.9.12.19. Tried hard reboot.

No joy.

Don't have another Xbox Live account...

Auto sign-in is ON
    No Kinect
    Only one User

• nightwing12nightwing12 Posts: 70Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2015

one of my xbox ones works (it doesnt have kinect, auto sign in is on) the other xbone doesnt work, auto sign in on, kinect yes. quick launch on both

• nightwing12nightwing12 Posts: 70Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

also please ask microsoft what the point of their lengthy certification process is when they don't catch these issues.