If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Marc - reFocus still being updated?

MartinAylaMartinAyla Posts: 848Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
Marc,

Just wondering if you are going to do more updates for your fantastic reFocus port? :)

I really miss a dedicated view for Apple Movie Trailers for example + the audio/subtitle delay pop-up dialogs.

And, Jeroen has just released reFocus 0.8.9 today, with many bug fixes / enhancements: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=75867&page=69

Well, reFocus is the only skin I use - and I really hope you'll continue to update your great port of the skin!

Regards and thanks
Martin

/Martin

Comments

• ussalaskaussalaska Posts: 93Members ✭✭
    I agree, I really hope the skin is not dead I am finding myself using Blur now but refocus is still my favorite. It just needs a few updates I wish I could follow the 720p xml to help out.

Chris
  • HardpungHardpung Posts: 27Members
    ReFocus is the only one I use aswell, I would love to see it updated and fresh.
  • unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Posts: 1,901Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 2010
    Me thrice! I hope it takes top priority over his other projects once he gets some time on his hands :)

It's not the only skin I use, but it is in the top of them for sure, and is worthy of some more updates to get it to that "finished" status.
  • sandman4suresandman4sure Posts: 788Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    I would love to see the 0.8.9 changes ported to reFocus for Plex!

Also, now actors are working in Plex, is it a Plex or reFocus issue that I can't select them and that there aren't any thumbs?

I would love to see the 0.8.9 changes ported to reFocus for Plex!

Also, now actors are working in Plex, is it a Plex or reFocus issue that I can't select them and that there aren't any thumbs?

It is a skin issue, actor thumbs work in Blur and Aeon that I have verified. It is something I would like to see also added to the starring actor screen.

Chris
  • buggerbugger Posts: 176Members
    There is really no alternative to reFocus for me, so I hope Marc will find some time to keep working on this skin port. :)
  • marklightmarklight Posts: 1,015Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Yea I too want this skin to be completed because it's pure class. I sent a message to Maverick to see if he'd take up the project. I hope someone does.
  • maverick214maverick214 Posts: 2,259Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    marklight wrote:

Yea I too want this skin to be completed because it's pure class. I sent a message to Maverick to see if he'd take up the project. I hope someone does.

I was just having a look at refocus. It looks really good. Anyone have a list of what needs fixing?
    PlexAeon Aeon Skin for Plex (PHT) No longer being developed Metropolis Skin (PHT) No longer being developed

Direct Link to PlexAeon Skin ZIP on GitHub

History of changes to PlexAeon Skin

• StokkesStokkes Posts: 306Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hey Maverick,

I know there's a post with a few people requesting a new video for latest added/aired tv shows that displays the show name. The current list doesn't display the name of the show and I think most of us would agree that it's a bit difficult to navigate. It would be nice to have a separate view for that list that includes the show name in addition to the rest of the information, but doesn't impede on the already-existing views for episodes when you're in a season of a show (no need to display the show name when you're browsing that particular show).

I know that's one of my biggest beefs with Refocus.
  • El MassmanEl Massman Posts: 585Members, Plex Pass
    I've only just noticed this thread! Yes guys, it is still going to be updated. I just have very very little time at the moment. I've coletely lost track of what does and doesn't need doing. One issue I have with updating to the latest refocus version is that the textures won't extract. I get a filename error. I was waiting to hear back from jeroen and forgot quite how long it had been. I don't think much updating can be done until I have the new textures.

I was just having a look at refocus. It looks really good. Anyone have a list of what needs fixing?

Brian, I can give you git access if you want. I'd certainly appreciate the help. The main issue seems to be with the plugin views. I'm finding the view types stick. I remember there being a plex specific problem with plugin views a while back but I thought it was resolved. Any help on that would be great.
    How about a wall panel view with pics for starring actors instead of a list of names would help me out. Also on almost any of the sub menus like genre, director, year and such I would like a couple of columns (two or three) instead of one single list down the left side.

Chris
  • marklightmarklight Posts: 1,015Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2010

Not a lot as far as I'm aware, but there are a few minor things:

1. The now playing screen isn't working properly. When you have a upcoming song with different artwork, the now playing screen is completely out of wack with the next album artwork being flipped.

2. It'd be nice to have multiple view options for the Video Plugins. When you go to the Plex online section, the layout is super nice.

3. Most of the views are fine, but personally I'd like to see a poster view that has video information worked out. >> also, I don't know if this is possible with the current version of plex, but I'd love to be able to set different view types between not only sections of the media server, but also subesections (genre, year, recent, etc).

Other than that this skin is just great imo - very functional.
  • HardpungHardpung Posts: 27Members
    I use Plex all the time, if Im not watching tv-shows or movies it plays my itunes library. One thing that I would like to see is a little more info in the now playing window, genre and year would be nice. Perhaps something like the slide-out window from mediastream. Thanks for all the work you guys put in to this, much appriciated.
  • MartinAylaMartinAyla Posts: 848Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2010
    Marc and Maverick214,

Here are some things I miss in reFocus for Plex:

1. I would really like to see some more views for plugins.

For example an "Apple Movie Trailers" view (right now it looks really strange in both List and Big List).

The same can be said for "TED" also.

2. Catching up with Jeroen's latest updates to reFocus.

3. Adding Jeroen's audio and subtitle delay pop-up dialogs.

Thanks a lot guys :)

/Martin

• maverick214maverick214 Posts: 2,259Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    El Massman wrote:

I've only just noticed this thread! Yes guys, it is still going to be updated. I just have very very little time at the moment. I've coletely lost track of what does and doesn't need doing. One issue I have with updating to the latest refocus version is that the textures won't extract. I get a filename error. I was waiting to hear back from jeroen and forgot quite how long it had been. I don't think much updating can be done until I have the new textures.

Brian, I can give you git access if you want. I'd certainly appreciate the help. The main issue seems to be with the plugin views. I'm finding the view types stick. I remember there being a plex specific problem with plugin views a while back but I thought it was resolved. Any help on that would be great.

Yes, views in the plugins is a problem but not a skin problem. The only way I have seen to fix it is to edit each plugin and remove the lines that force the view. Elan said a while back that he would look into changing it to just 'suggest' a view if none is set, but I haven't heard anymore.

This is one of my main problems with Plex at the moment. So many of the plugins could look so much better if we could pick the views ourselves. If they could pass a plugin id number we could also make custom views for a plugin like a netflix or hulu one.
    PlexAeon Aeon Skin for Plex (PHT) No longer being developed Metropolis Skin (PHT) No longer being developed

Direct Link to PlexAeon Skin ZIP on GitHub

History of changes to PlexAeon Skin

• MartinAylaMartinAyla Posts: 848Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2010
    El Massman wrote:

Marc,

I took the liberty of contacting Jeroen again for you.

I just got his reply. I think he will contact you soon about the textures.

Me:

Jeroen,

Would you do a big favor and upload the uncompressed textures from 0.8.9 somewhere?

Marc "El Massman", the guy who ported over reFocus-for-Plex, is a bit stuck because the textures won't extract.

I think he tried to contact you some time ago about this, but I'm sure you've both been busy with real-life stuff

Thanks in advance
    /Martin

Jeroen:

Oh damn, I completely forgot about that. I'll contact Marc about this and I will be looking into setting up a repo starting with 0.9.

/Martin

• _Francesco__Francesco_ Posts: 244Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

One important thing, at least for me, that needs to be fixed is the problem with case sensitive filesystem, since there are a lot of discrepancy with filenames and how this files are referenced in the xml
  • _Francesco__Francesco_ Posts: 244Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2010
    Sorry, double post.
  • buggerbugger Posts: 176Members

I've pointed out some issues in a previous post. It would be great if you two could collaborate to make reFocus even more glorious!
  • DavisNLDavisNL Posts: 665Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Two things:

When you switch to the black background, the home screen doesn't make the change, it stays blue. And, the ability to change season posters seems to work in other skins, but not in reFocus.

Thanks again for such an awesome skin!