If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Why does my Harmny hub not work on Plex for my PS4?

drpbierdrpbier Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I upgraded last week from PS3 to PS4. I use my Harmony hub to control my devices and it always worked fine with Plex on PS3 ( as well as the other apps I used such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video). Now on my PS4, while the Harmony seems to work fine with the basic PS4 menus and the Amazon app...the Plex app doesn't respond to my Harmony. I have to use the PS4 controller to use Plex on the PS4.
Given that I only have problems with the PS4 Plex app, that's where the ssue seems to be. Any advice?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• aptalcaaptalca Posts: 277Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I concur.

Just got a PS4 and set it up with the harmony hub. All the menus and apps are controllable via the hub and remote, but once the plex app is launched, nothing is controlled. The remote does nothing.

I believe the harmony is recognized as a keyboard/mouse device in PS4. Could it be that the plex app is not configured to accept input from those devices?

Thanks

• cmo220cmo220 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It would be nice it they would fix this. Very frustrating.

• haavikhaavik Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issues here, same wishes.

• the.leonardsthe.leonards Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2015

You ever get the feeling that we're just wasting our time here? 8-|

This thread has been marked as answered, but there is no answer. I'd appreciate at least, "we don't feel like working on that." That would be an answer.

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,324Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

The forum marks it answered (but not an accepted answer) anytime there is a reply to the thread. The thread starter has to marked it answered.

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: 1.8.0 running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

• the.leonardsthe.leonards Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@kegobeer-plex said:
    The forum marks it answered (but not an accepted answer) anytime there is a reply to the thread. The thread starter has to marked it answered.

Thanks.

Either way it's pretty sad that we pay for a service, this is the only way to request help, and they don't care. With the money we pay for this there are other options. I'm done. There's been a lot of things over the years they ignore.

• mgchanmgchan Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2015

I would also like this issue fixed. The Harmony remote works in other apps but not in Plex. The Harmony hub connects to the PS4 as a keyboard, so maybe the PS4 app just needs to accept keyboard inputs as well.

I searched and could not find a feature request for this, so I created one: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/200757/ps4-logitech-harmony-hub-support

edited January 2016

@drpbier I'm not sure that it would help but could the link to the feature request thread made by @mgchan be added to the OP? That way more people would notice and say something about it. Thanks.

• BigDazzBigDazz Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Totally agree guys I would really appreciate this getting fixed... This is the only app I have to leave the ps4 to enjoy because of this issue...

• henhowchenhowc Posts: 3Members ✭✭

@the.leonards said:
    Amazon figured it out. Netflix figured it out. HBO Go figured it out. Plex player...not so much. =((

actually HBO Go doesn't support it either...heh...but yeah being able to use my harmony on ps4 in the plex app would be great

• DocACE911DocACE911 Posts: 205Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Agreed. This version of plex is supior to the XBOX One (but the remote works there), as the PS4 will pass DTS or AC3 natively.

The xbox one will transcode the DTS - what a mess.

But remote works on Xbox perfectly

• Ararat698Ararat698 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 2016

Yep, for a service that presents itself as 'premium', it's really not good enough. At $150 for a media player, albeit a pretty media player, you expect better (and let's be honest, a lot of the heavy lifting was done for them FOR FREE by the XBMC coding community which they are now profiting off).

• OgreMHDWOgreMHDW Posts: 2Members

After spending the money on a harmony remote, I am disappointed it does not work in the Plex app.

• JE3146JE3146 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please fix this. This should be absolutely trivial to implement.

• bob_loblawbob_loblaw Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please fix this.

• tofu0815tofu0815 Posts: 1Members

Vote for a fix

• linkemlinkem Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    via Email
    A

> Am 10.06.2016 um 21:27
    Die
  • gregbenzgregbenz Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

this needs to get fixed please...