If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Windows app activation not being recognized

pombeirppombeirp Windows Team LeadSwitzerlandPosts: 1,885Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

As many users recently found out, the Windows Store is experiencing problems and unfortunately that is causing our app to believe that in-app purchases are not valid (when in fact users have made that purchase just a few seconds ago). Other app developers are also experiencing the same issues, as posted in the media: http://www.windowscentral.com/app-purchases-currently-broken-windows-store.

We have reached out to Microsoft to see what is being done on their side, but in the mean time, if you are affected by it, please private message me a screenshot of your purchase receipt and I'll entitle your account manually on our side.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

Comments

• amend.k@gmail.comamend.k@gmail.com Posts: 2Members

Trying to pm you but it seems I don't have permission to do that. Would need to have my plex activation on MS store registered please.

• pombeirppombeirp Windows Team Lead SwitzerlandPosts: 1,885Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

you can send your purchase receipt to pedro at plex.tv

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

• pombeirppombeirp Windows Team Lead SwitzerlandPosts: 1,885Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

We've been told by Microsoft that a fix has been made and that users should attempt to repurchase the app activation. It should not ask for a payment if you have already purchased. If it does, that means something is still broken. Worth a try, I guess. Please let us know here if it worked for you.

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

Update: according to user feedback, the approach suggested by Microsoft now seems to be working, so hopefully things will get back to normal now.

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

• babydibabydi Posts: 2Members

Hello, I did it last night and it did not work, but now when I tried again I can see it is working, so hopefully it is fixed. Thank you. Merry Christmas!

• amend.k@gmail.comamend.k@gmail.com Posts: 2Members

tried just now and it worked fine. thanks

• byroncoetzeebyroncoetzee Posts: 1Members

Still having the issue.
    Asks me to activate. Which I do. Then nothing.
    No error message. Movie just plays for a fewseconds

@byroncoetzee can you send me your app logs after you try to activate?

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

• Paulo300Paulo300 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2016

@pombeirp

I got problem too.
    4/20/2015 ACTIVATE PLEX Prepaid card on my phone
    Watched day by day till now. App need Activate again.... Could you please restore my access?

Nr order 15050270985622 on my provider invoice

Trying to sign again and got msg:
    "The current account does not have an associated Plex Pass, so the app woll not be activated"

Pls help

EDIT: new update and fix the problem ;)

• bernardolmendesbernardolmendes Posts: 5Members ✭✭

Hello,

I purchased the activation this past december but could only test it now

I can stream from Pc server to plex app in w10 Tablet, but the streaming stops in around 5 minutes.

I have a receipt from the Windows store and can send it to you via email

Thanks

edited January 2016

Hi @bernardolmendes, if the issue is that the purchase is not recognized, normally the video would stop after 1 minute, not 5 minutes. Do you see a message asking you to activate?

If not, possibly the same issue as here?
    http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/203571/movies-close-after-5-minutes-2-1-2-26-windows-store-app#latest

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

hi @pobeirp I can´t seem to open the link you posted, it´s giving me the following message "Permission Problem - You don't have permission to do that."

I do not see a message asking me to activate Plex, but the purchase button still appears on the store

If you don't see a Star button near your account avatar in the home screen, that means the app is activated.

About the link, that is strange, I figured you'd be able to access the Plex for Windows / Windows Phone Preview Releases forum. In any case, the case there ended up being that the server was too old (0.9.12.19). Please check that you have the latest version of PMS installed.

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

My Plex Media Server is currently on version 0.9.12.19 on my Windows 10 PC and it says that it´s updated

weird

do I reinstall PMS on my Windows 10 PC?

I´ve installed a new version o PMS and am testing the Plex app on the tablet

It seems to have worked alright

weird that the previous PMS would keep saying that it was updated, even though it was not...

thanks for the help!

You're welcome, glad that fixed it!

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

• stanleywinstonstanleywinston Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

hi, a friend is getting this issue on a windows 8.1 client. She purchased the £3.89 option previously and now can only watch 1 minute. We tried clicking on the purchase option again but it comes up with a message that says you will be charged if you click ok. She still has the receipt. Anything that can be done?

@stanleywinston Sure, just forward me the receipt and Plex username, I'll take care of that.

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

• Andycabs2Andycabs2 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I made the in app purchase or Plex for windows 10 but when i try to activate it, it says It cant activate because I do bot gave a plex-pass account. What was the $4.99 for?