If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Disappearing Subtitles

wolfmwolfm Posts: 2Members

Hi,

I've been using Plex with my Chromecasts (own 2 ver 1) since it was possible (first using plex pass) and later when it was available to all.
Everything worked well up until few months ago.

I have a problem where I cast a movie with subtitles (no matter which language) and everything is fine up until a certain moment they disappear. The movie keeps playing as normal but without any subtitles.
When checking on the plex app on my phone, the subtitles are sometime selected and sometime not.
This can happen several times in a movie.
If I disable the subtitles and enable them again using the settings icon, they reappear but will disappear again after several minutes.

It started around the time the new chromecast was out but I'm not sure it is related.

This happens with 2 different chromecasts and 2 different routers.

Anyone experienced this?

Comments

• XtincthedXtincthed Posts: 1Members

I have the exact same problem, would be great to have a solution for this!

• ronsterbobronsterbob Posts: 2Members Plex Pass
    via Email
    I have recently. Gained a static ip address but still unable to gain
    remote access any clue why or do u now who i can talk to thx ronsterbob
  • geostantgeostant Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here for a while now,
    subtitles disappear with chromecast after 10+ minutes of play
    video and sound continue normally.

• wolfmwolfm Posts: 2Members

really wish someone from the Plex team will answer.
    I can send any additional details if needed.

• villejfvvillejfv Posts: 2Members

Same here, been using plex for a while now and it's been perfect until a week ago subtitles just disappear

• ErkeeErkee Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same! **** sucks. Can devs answer?