Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

IR receiver not working on Bay Trail system

I've purchased a Gigabyte GB-BXBT-1900 to replace the aging ZBOX I have been using for a few years. It's based on a Bay Trail J1900. The system is intended as both a front end and media server.

After installing either Ubuntu 15.04 or 15.10, I can't get the new hardware to recognize input from the IR receiver. I have to use a recent release due to the Intel HD graphics drivers, which don't support the 14.04 LTS. The receiver works fine in my older ZBOX HD-ND22 running 14.04. The ZBOX has an Nvidia chipset.

ir-keytable recognizes the receiver but doesn't show any output for keypresses.

The output from lsusb on the ZBOX is as follows. (I don't have the new system powered on, so I can't check it remotely right now.)

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1784:0008 TopSeed Technology Corp. eHome Infrared Transceiver

I have seen some posts that it might be a problem related to the xHCI driver required by the USB3 chipset, but no fixes. It's not possible to disable USB3 mode in the bios unfortunately.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and what did you to fix it?