Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Getting Local Extras to work on Apple TV 4

cloongooncloongoon Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello, I've looked at other posts on the forums regarding local extras not showing up on the Apple TV 4. I'm testing it out now and I have an extra that shows up on the Web view as "behind the scenes" but the same extra does not show up on my Apple TV 4 (or even the iOS app).

Do you have to have plex permium (plex pass) even to see your local content on tvOS/iOS?

Tagged:

Answers

• Jammy BJammy B Jammy by name.... Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,216 Plex Pass

https://plex.tv/features

It's under Plex Pass by the looks of it. My extras aren't spearing either but I know they got a bit funked up when I did some data moving.

Will have a play and report back.

Plexing for Live TV
  • cloongooncloongoon Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

I just don't get why you'd need Plex Pass for the Apps but not the web interface...

• Scene147Scene147 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I have the Plex Pass and I had the same issue where my personal 'extras' like behind the scenes were showing up on the Plex Web App and Plex for iPhone but no on my new Apple TV. I used the correct naming structure for naming the Local Media Assets. I found it weird that two videos showed the 'extras' on my Apple TV but not the others. I figured out that in order for the 'extras' to show up on my Apple TV i need to have at least Two video 'extras' under the video. Once I did that the 'extras' now show on my Apple TV.

Hope that helps.

• pecinkopecinko Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,042 Plex Pass
    edited January 2016

@Scene147 said:
    I found it weird that two videos showed the 'extras' on my Apple TV but not the others. I figured out that in order for the 'extras' to show up on my Apple TV i need to have at least Two video 'extras' under the video. Once I did that the 'extras' now show on my Apple TV.

Let me guess - if you have 1 "extra" you dont see it in Movie info screen BUT you can play it when you click on a trailer button?

Quartz theme for PlexConnectApp (Apple TV 4)
    Amber skin for PHT, Quartz
  • Scene147Scene147 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

@pecinko said:

Let me guess - if you have 1 "extra" you dont see it in Movie info screen BUT you can play it when you click on a trailer button?

The 'Videos' or 'Movies' I used are my personal 'Home Videos' I made. I had 'extra' footage of my 'Videos' like behind the scenes and interviews which I wanted to show on the Apple TV. These don't have trailers but in order to see the 'extras' on the Apple TV i had to make sure I had at least 'two' 'extra' videos on my movies and not just one.
    check out the image below from my Apple TV:

• cloongooncloongoon Members Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited February 2016

I noticed this too> @Scene147 said:

I have the Plex Pass and I had the same issue where my personal 'extras' like behind the scenes were showing up on the Plex Web App and Plex for iPhone but no on my new Apple TV. I used the correct naming structure for naming the Local Media Assets. I found it weird that two videos showed the 'extras' on my Apple TV but not the others. I figured out that in order for the 'extras' to show up on my Apple TV i need to have at least Two video 'extras' under the video. Once I did that the 'extras' now show on my Apple TV.

Hope that helps.

This occurs on mine as well. Only will show extras if there are 2 or more. Guess its a bug in the ATV app as it does not appear to happen in the iOS app on my iPhone.

• kevinbarrekevinbarre Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

This issue needs to be fixed, as placing a second cut (or a 3D version) in an extras folder is the only way to keep them all together under a single listing. I, too, am having an issue where the AppleTV will show a trailer as an option, but not a lone extra (as opposed to multiple extras) located in the Scenes folder.