Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Slideshow feature - How to?

edited January 2016 in Apple TV

Dear Plex Pros

I've got a simple environment running a Synology NAS, with the actual Plex Server up and running, indexing some 250k photos. On the Client-side, an Apple TV 4 Box is installed with which i want to access the photos on my NAS and play slideshows. Is this a feature that must work with the actual versions installed?
My tests shows following results:
The Apple TV 4 Plex Client isn't able to play slideshows. It doesn't load next picture automatically. If i select a folder with photo's inside and press the Play Button on the Apple TV 4 Remote, nothing happens. If i browse into the folder, with the first photo selected and press the Play Button, only the selected picture is opened. Nothing more...
Do you have other information about it? Maybe i make something wrong with the use of the Plex Client for Apple TV 4.

Than you Plex Pros for help,
Jörg

Answers

• dreamer81dreamer81 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 29 Plex Pass

It is not implemented yet. I know it's unbelieveable, but they didn't make a slideshow on apple tv platform.

There is no slideshow on IOS platform either. Also unbelieveable.

• Geoff1956Geoff1956 Members Posts: 10 ✭✭

No slideshow. Unbelievable.

• andwandw Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Hope it is implemented soon.
    The best slideshow I have seen on Plex is done on the Samsung TV (I have 2015 version), plays automatically and also plays the videos in the same folder from the camera.
    This is what is required.
    Otherwise my wife is not happy......

• phodographerphodographer Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Another year, and apparently there's still no slide show feature on Apple TV. I have Plex Pass and I would really like Slide Shows on Apple TV!!!~

• JohSawJohSaw Members, Plex Pass Posts: 41 Plex Pass

Yes please Plex give us a slideshow on the Apple TV Plex app

• minik80minik80 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Please add slideshow functionality to tvOS and iOS. Works just great in Plex WebApp. Why not having the same feature on Apple TV? Is there a feature request already to push?

• Martin #Martin # Members, Plex Pass Posts: 20 Plex Pass

I agree slideshow oniOS is a must and can‘t be that complicate