If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Text size too small

I find the text for album, song, and movies titles in all views to small. It is not that I cannot read them, but for visibility from a distance I find it hard to focus on what is being played and what is "Up next". I find this to be the case on all the platforms that I own, Windows Phone, Android and iOS. On the Windows Phone I find a lot of wasted space in the music play view such as the album art being bigger than it really needs to be (album art is for general pleasure not reading), the control function area could be a bit smaller, but I understand that easy controls maybe preferred.

It would be nice if there was an option to allow us to increase/decrease font size for each aspect of the view.

Tagged:

Answers

• warlebwarleb Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 2016

i have same issue, from a distance i can't read anything using windows 10 app. i have to stand up and go to the tv. anything we can do here

• TheMooDudeTheMooDude Posts: 204Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

While I'm all for user options and font size would be a nice one- I don't think that the UWP isn't intended to be a 10-foot-experience. It's a tablet / desktop / mobile client. For a suitable 10-foot-experience I'd go for PMP or OpenPHT.

i5-2500K | 20GB DDR3 | 4x3TB WD Red RAID1 | Windows Server 2012 R2 | Plex Media Server
    i7-6700 | 16GB DDR4 | GTX 980TI | Windows 10 Pro | Plex Media Player
    Samsung UE40K5500 | Plex SmartTV App
    Raspberry Pi 3-B | Plex Media Player Embedded
    LG V30 | Android 7.1.2 | Plex for Android

• roguecoderoguecode Plex Dev Team Posts: 429Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Running a PC as an HTPC you'll probably run into this a lot across multiple programs. The text sizes we use are actually in line with the actual OS.
    So you will likely want to increase the scaling of the whole OS by right clicking on desktop > Display Settings. Then drag the slider to a higher %.

• NVader2000NVader2000 Posts: 453Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

In the new Windows Universal version running on the Windows Phone this no longer an issue, for me at least.

• SamLabradorSamLabrador Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@roguecode said:
    Running a PC as an HTPC you'll probably run into this a lot across multiple programs. The text sizes we use are actually in line with the actual OS.
    So you will likely want to increase the scaling of the whole OS by right clicking on desktop > Display Settings. Then drag the slider to a higher %.

@roguecode The Plex Media Player (PMP) is not picking up text sizes except in "TV" layout.
    See attached.

• PabswPabsw Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same issue as SamLabrador. It kind of sucks squinting at the screen on my 14" Aorus, even with scaling at 300% like SamLabrador it simply doesn't affect the Plex Media Player.

Can Plex please sort this out?

PMS: i7-5930k CPU, loads of storage.

CLIENTS: loads. multiple platforms.

Wires are still better than no wires :D