If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Apple Configurator 2 HOW 2

vdrovervdrover Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I finally got PlexConnect working on my appleTV3. It's great.

I didn't realize that the new ATV profile could be installed WITHOUT USB, and I followed the Apple Configurator instructions on the Wiki.

However, I tried a few links and actually could not find the original version of "Apple Configurator", only "Apple Configurator 2" on the App Store.

The process is essentially the same, but instructions are a bit different.

I'm placing them here, and will be happy to update the WIKI if someone gives me acccess to github.

Apple Configurator 2

1. From the File menu, select New Profile.
  2. On the General tab, give the profile a name.
  3. Click the Certificates tab at the bottom.
  4. Click the Configure button and select the certificate you created earlier and then click Open.
  5. From the File menu, select Save.
  6. Plug in your AppleTV to a power source, then connect it to your Mac via micro USB. It will now appear in the Apple Configurator Device window.
  7. Click the Add button at the top. Select the Profile you created above. You'll see some activity as the profile is added, including a status dialog. Once that closes, you are done!

Comments

• wahlman.jwahlman.j Posts: 2,564Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Since you can install the profile without the micro usb this method is obsolete. It's still a method nonetheless but I gather it's not used much at all anymore.

OSX apps : OpenPlex // UAS installer OpenPlex by Wahlman.j (Source Code), CyberGhost84 (GUI) & Flipman6 (Obj-C)

iOS Firmware links: Firmware // Firmware Limits OpenPlex app or assistance. Donations appreciated US-$ // EUR

Click my username and message me if you need Teamviewergif <----Install this for assistance.

(1) Locally owned PMS Mac 10.9.5 i7-4770k haswell 32gb 1866 ddr3 with e-sata rocket raid 2302 Raid-5 set of (4) 5TB HD (15TB usable) in a 10-bay DAGE1040BL (2) Jailbroken aTV2's on iOS 5.3 (6.1.4) (portable PlexConnect host's) (9) aTV3's on mixed iOS (1) iPad 3, (1) iPad mini 2 retina, (4) iPhone 4s, all jailbroken on 8.1.1 all running latest official Plex for iOS & PlexConnect for iOS. Airbubble.apk (265 initial buffer frames) for android devices or airfloat for iOS devices to airplay aTV audio to Sol Republic Tracks HD V10.

• McPriorsMcPriors Posts: 8Members ✭✭

Cant seem to get the same screens as you have on your post. the only this i get when plugging in my ATV is the below!
    what am i doing wrong?

edited September 2016

Install cert via aTV2/3 over the air (using your network) apple configurator is obsolete:

Press play when send data to apple is set to NO using your remote.

OSX apps : OpenPlex // UAS installer OpenPlex by Wahlman.j (Source Code), CyberGhost84 (GUI) & Flipman6 (Obj-C)

iOS Firmware links: Firmware // Firmware Limits OpenPlex app or assistance. Donations appreciated US-$ // EUR

Click my username and message me if you need Teamviewergif <----Install this for assistance.

(1) Locally owned PMS Mac 10.9.5 i7-4770k haswell 32gb 1866 ddr3 with e-sata rocket raid 2302 Raid-5 set of (4) 5TB HD (15TB usable) in a 10-bay DAGE1040BL (2) Jailbroken aTV2's on iOS 5.3 (6.1.4) (portable PlexConnect host's) (9) aTV3's on mixed iOS (1) iPad 3, (1) iPad mini 2 retina, (4) iPhone 4s, all jailbroken on 8.1.1 all running latest official Plex for iOS & PlexConnect for iOS. Airbubble.apk (265 initial buffer frames) for android devices or airfloat for iOS devices to airplay aTV audio to Sol Republic Tracks HD V10.

• domperignon3domperignon3 Posts: 42Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Pressing play didn't work for me. Had to use Apple Configurator + USB cable.
    Thanks to the OP!

Newbie running PMS on 2008 iMac + HDHomeRun CONNECT + DIY coat hanger Hoverman antenna

Are you using the original silver remote? It doesn't work with a learned remote...

edited August 31

Delete me.

• domperignon3domperignon3 Posts: 42Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's the original remote.

Newbie running PMS on 2008 iMac + HDHomeRun CONNECT + DIY coat hanger Hoverman antenna