If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Another sync stuck on "Waiting for Server" after conversion

tromteztromtez Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited January 2016 in iOS

I updated to Plex Server version 0.9.15.0 several days ago and it seemed to correct my old "waiting for server" problem, but when I tried to sync some new movies today, everything is stuck (yet again!). On the iPad, I'm running version 4.0.9.

This is my first time posting, asking for assistance, so please let me know if I'm uploading the wrong files.

Answers

• deplorableworddeplorableword Posts: 23Members Plex Pass

Same issue, server 0.9.12.19, latest iOS version on app store.

I watched some episodes transcode then are stuck not transferring, super annoying when basics of Sync don't work correctly.

Is there any way to force sync manually?

• davidmac27davidmac27 Posts: 59Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem...

• kevininsdkevininsd Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have this issue as well. 4.0.9 iOS version and server 0.9.14.6. I found that I can trigger the download by going to the sync viewer on the iOS app and tapping the top sync button.

• lrmatlrmat Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm in the same boat as you guys.

• alexalamialexalami Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same boat here

could someone from plex please just acknowledge this is an issue or tell us what info we need to provide to make this an issue?

• crenshawblvdcrenshawblvd Posts: 4Members Plex Pass

I also have this issue. It just started.

edited February 2016

One thing I noticed, and pardon my novice explanation, but from my iPad, when i select locations in the top left, a drop down appears which shows my iPad, then underneath that my server, then underneath that it says my iPad again connecting. I have never noticed that addition iPad connecting before. Also, when syncing there no status progress. This used to start at 50% then count up to completion. Now the counting progress circle is just a check mark.

via Email
    Since I first posted I have still not found the cause and nobody from Plex
    has acknowledged this as a bug.

On Friday, 19 February 2016, crenshawblvd wrote:

> crenshawblvd commented on Another sync stuck on "Waiting for Server" after
    > conversion
    >
    >
    >
    > One thing I noticed, and pardon my novice explanation, but from my iPad,
    > when i select locations in the top left, a drop down appears which shows my
    > iPad, then underneath that my server, then underneath that it says my iPad
    > again connecting. I have never noticed that before. Also, when syncing
    > there no status progress. This used to start at 50% then count up to
    > completion. Now the counting progress circle is just a check mark.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    > Reply to this email directly or follow the link below to check it out:
    >
    > https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1131798#Comment_1131798
    >
    >
    >
    > Note: Your signature will be included when replying directly by email
    > unless you remove it first. Attachments will not be included when replying.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Check it out:
    > https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1131798#Comment_1131798
    >
    >

Fortunate I did not buy the life time pass. My membership expired this month and I'm not renewing. I'll use it for Roku/tv and just sync with iTunes until something changes.

• briangwbriangw Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I notice this happening to me with more than one item in my sync queue. If I do it one at a time, I don't see the "waiting for server" text.

• mikkovillemikkoville Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 2016

The Plex syncing feature is incredibly unreliable. I wish they would fix it, since it's supposed to be a PREMIUM feature that I'm paying for. In fact it's the ONLY reason I'm paying for the membership.

Again a movie stuck in "pending" with no errors, nothing happening. Tried multiple movies, tried removing, adding, deleting content. Nothing works.

If this does not get fixed, I'm not renewing my membership.

It not just that it does not work that is frustrating, it's all the time lost on trying to get it work and not succeeding.

via Email
    Yup, there has to be an expectation that someone should read all the
    threads on the premium forum and actually provide a friendly
    acknowledgement that this is an issue and they are working on it.
    Otherwise, what's the point in even asking for feedback.

I wonder if I'll get a refund for the service not working as promised and the supplier not providing any help or assistance to make it right?

• barttbartt Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Bump. Same problem.

• TheCMHTheCMH Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks dhruvb14, that solved it for me!

• shezahmedshezahmed Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@dhruvb14 - Thank you. It solved my problem too.

I am annoyed that despite so many comments and complaints, there is no acknowledgment or suggestion from Plex.

• dwtkdwtk Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I had to delete the app and reinstall to get syncing working again .It started happening when I changed my appdata location.

• MOVNGFWDMOVNGFWD Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@dwtk said:
    I had to delete the app and reinstall to get syncing working again .It started happening when I changed my appdata location.

Same here! Adding my voice to this issue.