Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unsupported AppStore V2 (as in totally unsupported)

dagalufhdagalufh Members, Plex Pass Posts: 111 Plex Pass
edited March 26 in Plex Channel Plugins

Please read this before posting a question

About:

The Unsupported Appstore (UAS) is a plugin running under the WebTools bundle, and is meant to ease the process of finding, downloading, installing, updating and (if need be) uninstalling unsupported Plex plugins.

Please note that the plugins available here-in are not supported by the Plex Media Server "Plex Online" store for a reason (possibly more than one reason). They may be unstable, unfinished, or provide access to content which may be offensive. If you are having trouble with any of the plugins available through this app, please go to the respective plugin's support thread.

The authors of the Unsupported Appstore take no responsibility for the content/stability/suitability of the contained plugins and any complaints or requests for support in relation to specific plugins will be ignored.

UAS V1 compared to V2:

The main differences between the two versions are:

• V1 is no longer working, and disabled on GitHub
  • V2 interface is not limited to a regular channel interface, but is a responsive interface, that also works from mobile devices
  • V2 does not automatically update outdated plugins. You have to initiate that from within the UAS V2 interface

What is the meaning of this thread?

This thread is for handling support for the UAS2 itself, and NOT for any of the plugin's that get's installed with it.
So...Simply put....

• If the plugin installed, then go to the plugin support thread for questions! (Also if it simply isn't working for you)
  • If a plugin failed to install, then continue in this thread
  • If the plugin can't be uninstalled, then please go ahead, and post here
  • If a plugin is missing here, then go to the plugin support thread, and ask the author to add it
  • If this is regarding other plugin's to WebTools, or WebTools itself, go to the WebTools thread

To find a plugin/channel support thread, look here

Credits

A huge thanks goes out to mikedm139, that came up with the original idea of the UAS, and more or less defined how to do this. A huge amount of the code came straight from his work

Source Code

To get the source code, please visit the WebTools Thread, since it's a part of that

Developers Only

If you are a developer, and want your work added to the new UAS, or want to make changes to some of your work already there, or sadly removed from the UAS :-(, please visit the UAS2Res

Installation:

To install WebTools, which contains the UAS plugin, please visit the WebTools Thread, and after that do return here, if you are having issues with a UAS plugin

User guide:

It's with great pride, that we can announce, that one of the most dedicated Ninja's up here ( @trumpy81 ) has made a user guide, to the benefits of us all. Currently, you can find the link to it here:
User Guide
Now fully integrated into WebTools, and above link is now outdated

Usage:

To use UAS, browse to <"Your-PMS-IP-Address":33400>
(Use the above address only if you're using the defaults, that can be changed if needed, and if so, visit the WebTools Thread once more)

After doing so, you should see a screen like:

After you have logged in, you are presented with the main screen, where among the modules you will find the "Unsupported AppStore"

Then, when clicking on the UAS link, you should see:

And the buttons and functions are all explained on the webpage, so go ahead, install Webtools and enjoy Plex on a whole new level.

Happy Plexing! :)

dagalufh & dane22

Comments

• dane22dane22 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 10,062 Plex Ninja

Hmmm......Been active now for +24 hours....

Visited by + 1000 people, and downloaded lots of times, and yet......Not a single comment nor feedback here?

Did we fail big time, or it no news good news?

/Tommy

I hate bugs - Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
    Join me in developing: epg-dk, str2utf-8, remidx, ExportTools, WebTools
    Support the Samsung Client:Donate
    Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

NO Support via PM, unless called by me

• patrickhealypatrickhealy Members Posts: 73 ✭✭
    via Email
    I installed it and LMWT shows all my shows and all the sources but they are
    all unplayable. :-(
    edited January 2016

@patrickhealy said:
    I installed it and LMWT shows all my shows and all the sources but they are
    all unplayable. :-(

Well....That's really good news, in a bizarre way.....

Cuz that means that UAS is working for you, which is what this thread is about.....

But sadly also means, that you didn't follow the rules laid out in the first post, saying:

@dagalufh said:
    This thread is for handling support for the UAS2 itself, and NOT for any of the plugin's that get's installed with it.
    So...Simply put....

• If the plugin installed, then go to the plugin support thread for questions! (Also if it simply isn't working for you)
    • If a plugin failed to install, then continue in this thread
    • If the plugin can't be uninstalled, then please go ahead, and post here
    • If a plugin is missing here, then go to the plugin support thread, and ask the author to add it
    • If this is regarding other plugin's to WebTools, or WebTools itself, go to the WebTools thread

So go hunt down the dev in the support thread, that you can find in the UAS module!, as well as in here:
    forums.plex.tv/discussion/200017/support-find-my-plug-in-here-for-support#latest

And even though you did NOT follow the rules, that I do hope people will do in the future, so this thread will NOT drown in unrelated post, I do welcome you as the first UAS V2 user that responded here ;-)

Thanks for confirming, that it actually works

/T

Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

• TwoureTwoure Members Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

I noticed that the Uninstall now removes files from the support directory too? Is this intended?

@Twoure said:
    I noticed that the Uninstall now removes files from the support directory too? Is this intended?

Please define "Support directory", and if meaning the "Plug-in Support", then yes, this is WAD (Working as Designed), since we decided to do a full cleanup, and if possible, not leave any traces behind

Bad call?

/T

• eetjtleetjtl Members Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    1. why does the channel just bring up text to a link to the real channel that is not even a hot link and in windows can't even right click and copy link ?
    2. is it possible to set it to default to "all channels" when you select the unapproved channels section ?

(one word of advice tone down your responses you begged us for comments and then seem a little defensive on replies)

@dane22 said:
    Please define "Support directory", and if meaning the "Plug-in Support", then yes, this is WAD (Working as Designed), since we decided to do a full cleanup, and if possible, not leave any traces behind

Yes the "Plug-in Support" directory.

Bad call?

No, It's nice to have it clean the Plug-in Support directory. I just noticed it when testing on my channels, since they store Bookmarks within the channels Dict.

Is the Updater smart enough to removed old unused files/folders? I.e. a developer removing the "Services" directory and implementing the relevant code in the __init__.py file? If not then this will break a channel upon updating.

@eetjtl said:
    1. why does the channel just bring up text to a link to the real channel that is not even a hot link and in windows can't even right click and copy link ?

I guess here, that you are talking about when viewing the channel from within Plex it self, and if so, then sadly due to the limitations of the API within Plex, since it was designed to show movies etc, and we are kinda breaking that limit ;-)

@eetjtl said:
    2. is it possible to set it to default to "all channels" when you select the unapproved channels section ?

Sadly, currently hardcoded to applications.
    If this is a strong need, then please open a GHI, and state the user case for this:
    https://github.com/dagalufh/WebTools.bundle/issues

@eetjtl said:
    (one word of advice tone down your responses you begged us for comments and then seem a little defensive on replies)

So sorry for that, and didn't mean to, so if my first response came out like that, then I'm truly sorry, but really fear that this thread would end up like the old UAS thread, meaning having to support all kinda channels in the UAS, that I have never used, nor know of.....And due to that, sadly on my guards here ;-)
    And do hope for understanding here....
    After all, launching a replacement to the most downloaded/busy addon ever in the history of Plex, is kinda a huge task ;--) And would love for stuff to be separated out to the threads where it belongs, cuz if not, time spent here eq. less time developing ;-)

Best regards, and HUGE thanks for the feedback

Tommy

@Twoure said:
    Is the Updater smart enough to removed old unused files/folders? I.e. a developer removing the "Services" directory and implementing the relevant code in the __init__.py file? If not then this will break a channel upon updating.

During an update, we simply overwrite what's already there, and sadly fails to see the point here, since left over files from old versions would not be active, unless called by the code, or?

/T

@dane22 said:
    During an update, we simply overwrite what's already there, and sadly fails to see the point here, since left over files from old versions would not be active, unless called by the code, or?

Plex Framework will load the Service code directory if it exist, whether you want the channel to or not. If a Developer used to use the Channel's Service directory and then chooses not to in a later version, then Plex will still load the old Service code because the updater didn't clean/remove it in the update. Granted, this is an unlikely situation but it is one I've ran into before.

Other than the situation described above, I see no harm in the way the current updater functions. Like I said, this a special case and will not affect 99% of developers.

• eetjtleetjtl Members Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

after doing a "migrate manually/previously installed" I have 35 unknowns. If in the future the owner moves them to the unsupported appstore will I have to do anything else ? Or will they automatically be moved to the proper category and be able to check for updates ?

• dlanordlanor Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,215 Plex Pass

I'm not sure if I understood all info about the new UAS v2 correctly, but it seems that the ONLY way to get it installed is to first install yet another Webserver on my PMS computer. But what's never stated is when and how it is required for this web server to run.

It's fine if I just need it to provide a GUI for installing UAS and its channel bundles, so I can kill that server again each time I've used it. But if I have to run this new web server continuously 24/7 just like I do with PMS and PlexPy, just in order for installed UAS channels to function, that's unacceptable to me.

I don't really understand why it was considered necessary to add another server for this purpose.
    The old UAS installed as a normal channel, and could in turn handle installation of all UAS-supported channels. The only thing wrong with it was the bad choice to make channel updates automatic, and in my opinion that's the only thing which needed to be changed for a new UAS implementation (apart from general tweaks of course).

While I don't like this unnecessary dependency on an extra server, I will try it out and see how it works.
    I just hope that my worry about needing the server to run constantly is unfounded, as I won't allow that.

Best regards: dlanor

• niklas.elmeholtniklas.elmeholt Members, Plex Pass Posts: 69 Plex Pass
    edited January 2016

I've installed WebTools but when I click the 'Unsupported appstore' in webtools, I get this error message:

I have restart the server serval times.
    Any ideas?

@eetjtl said:
    after doing a "migrate manually/previously installed" I have 35 unknowns. If in the future the owner moves them to the unsupported appstore will I have to do anything else ? Or will they automatically be moved to the proper category and be able to check for updates ?

We have an enhancement out for that already ;-)

https://github.com/dagalufh/WebTools.bundle/issues/55

@dlanor said:
    I'm not sure if I understood all info about the new UAS v2 correctly, but it seems that the ONLY way to get it installed is to first install yet another Webserver on my PMS computer. But what's never stated is when and how it is required for this web server to run.

WebTools is simple a channel, like any other channels, but has everything it needs build into it

It's fine if I just need it to provide a GUI for installing UAS and its channel bundles, so I can kill that server again each time I've used it. But if I have to run this new web server continuously 24/7 just like I do with PMS and PlexPy, just in order for installed UAS channels to function, that's unacceptable to me.

It's using the webserver build into Plex

I don't really understand why it was considered necessary to add another server for this purpose.
    The old UAS installed as a normal channel, and could in turn handle installation of all UAS-supported channels. The only thing wrong with it was the bad choice to make channel updates automatic, and in my opinion that's the only thing which needed to be changed for a new UAS implementation (apart from general tweaks of course).

Then change the old one, and share with people.
    The new one is part of a collection of tools, and has IMHO a much nicer interface, as well as not limited to an interface, that was constructed to view movies

While I don't like this unnecessary dependency on an extra server, I will try it out and see how it works.
    I just hope that my worry about needing the server to run constantly is unfounded, as I won't allow that.

And as said, you got it wrong ;-)
    No extra server is needed

/T

@niklas.elmeholt said:
    I've installed WebTools but when I click the 'Unsupported appstore' in webtools, I get this error message:

Any ideas?

I would need the WebTools.log for that, sadly

@dane22 said:

@niklas.elmeholt said:

Any ideas?

I would need the WebTools.log for that, sadly

Hi, I uploaded it to pastebin, http://pastebin.com/KFteVNHt

Thanks!

@niklas.elmeholt said:

You have a permission error here:
    Exception in updateUASCache [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/WebTools.bundle/http/uas'

The Plex user running PMS, needs full access to the Webtools folder

/T

And to expand on this....

When UAS module is activated, it compares the last update time with the one found on GitHub for the uas repo https://github.com/ukdtom/UAS2Res

If the one locally is older, or missing, it'll update the cache, but sadly can't here, due to missing rights

@dane22 said:

@niklas.elmeholt said:

You have a permission error here:
    Exception in updateUASCache [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/WebTools.bundle/http/uas'

The Plex user running PMS, needs full access to the Webtools folder

/T

Damn, thanks. By mistake I installed webtools as root. Fixed now, thanks again :)