Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex on my Samsung TV skips subtitles

What the thread says or sometimes it will show them later than their supposed sync time for a fraction of a second. Then it will show the subtitles perfectly, then skip some, etc.

Is it a problem of the Samsung Plex app, is it my router's problem? Subs are perfectly synced btw. They have been tested before in normal playback on my PC.

Answers

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 7,224 Plex Ninja

This can happen on a low end TV, don't know if you have one.
    You can have the server do the heavy lifting by switching to transcoding, if your PMS is fast enough of course.

• JohanvilJohanvil Members Posts: 23 ✭✭

@Orca said:
    This can happen on a low end TV, don't know if you have one.
    You can have the server do the heavy lifting by switching to transcoding, if your PMS is fast enough of course.

It's the 48H6400 so I don't think it's that low end. As for the other part, won't the transcoding mean reduction of picture quality? I have it on direct play now.

Could you elaborate the part of PMS being fast enough, please? Not the most knowledgeable guy here. I assume it has something to do with the local connection I did on my TV with the PC server when I added the PMS.

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 7,224 Plex Ninja

Please download the manual and read that first, many questions are already answered in there.
    Follow the link in my footer.

I've read some of the manual.

I have it on direct play, so transcoding doesn't come into play. I wonder if it's my router. If the wifi can't handle all this. It playbacks the film even the most demanding ones with high bitrate, seamlessly though.

I connected my TV now with the router via an ethernet cable to test if the subtitles thing disappears but I see it still streams via wifi. Any tips to have the playback only via ethernet?

Update: Used the wired connection to no avail again. Same problem exists.

• sm411sm411 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I got the same issue. Subtitles (.srt) does very often play out of sync on my Samsung KS8005 (2016). If I play through Plex on my PS4 instead the subtitle is perfectly synced.

You are in the wrong forum if you own a K series TV, it uses a different app.
    Go here > https://forums.plex.tv/categories/smart-tvs