Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] TOU.TV

SharkOneSharkOne Posts: 624Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited December 2010 in Plex Channel Plugins
TOU.TV plugin release
Hi guys,

Here is the official forum thread for the TOU.TV plugin for Plex !

What is TOU.TV you might ask, well from Wikipedia:

TOU.TV is a Quebecois video-on-demand website launched on January 26, 2010 by the Société Radio-Canada.
At launch, the site offered 2000 hours of French-language television content, near high definition in quality, provided by several TV channels, such as Télévision de Radio-Canada, RDI, ARTV, Télé-Québec, TV5MONDE, TV5 Québec Canada, TFO, Radio Canada International, RTS (Switzerland) and RTBF (Belgium).

Feel free to report any bug or feature request and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks and enjoy ! :)

Len9WNCpngBitTorrent Channel - GitHub - btn_donate_SMgif - BTC: 19mcALsnT9cNEW8i92zTBV7PpZZMbjWyP6

com.plexapp.system.log & com.plexapp.plugins.bittorrent.log -> Pastebin

Make sure to check the Troubleshooting menu before reporting issues.

Comments

• folotpfolotp Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Wow man, awesome! Works like a charm. Many many thanks!

Cheers!
  • magagammagagam Posts: 2Members
    Yeah! this very nice. Merci 1000x mon ami :)
  • SharkOneSharkOne Posts: 624Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    New version released !

• Updated Icon and fanart
      • Fixed sorting
      • Improved browsing speed

Len9WNCpngBitTorrent Channel - GitHub - btn_donate_SMgif - BTC: 19mcALsnT9cNEW8i92zTBV7PpZZMbjWyP6

Plugin is now available on Plex Online !

• ackshielackshiel Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass
    Hello,

I looked all over the place and I cannot seem to find the plugin, could you assist me please?

I was REALLY looking forward to this plugin.
    edited December 2010
    Don't you see it in Plex Online ? In the what's new category, it's currently the most recent.

No, I have looked all over the place, I even updated to the latest incremental thinking that would help.

BTW thanks for the super fast reply.
    edited December 2010
    I think I know what's wrong. Plex now seems to hide flash plugins if you upgrade Flash to 10.1 (which breaks flash plugins).
    Please follow the instructions here and TOU.TV should appear in the list.

Tell me if this helps.

The Radio Canada Gods are against me.. I still dont see it...

You have version 10,0,45,2 installed
    Hmm.. I'm running out of ideas here.
    Try restarting the plex media server, force a check for updates...

I'll contact the plugin maintainer on the plex side, maybe he will be able to help us.

I just rebooted my mac and still having the issue.

when you say force and update, you mean a Plex update? or an update of the plugins? if it is the plugins, how do I do that?

BTW thanks for going the extra mile to assist me!!
    Well I mean going on in the Plex Online menu, the clicking "More..." and and finally "Check for Updates"

Maybe you disabled auto-updating or something...

I just did a clean reinstall of Plex on my laptop (cleaning out everything in my ~/Library/Application Support/ folder) and after relaunching Plex, I can see TOU.TV as the first item in the Plex Online What's New category.

Here's the answer I just received from Sander:

Hi!
    It turns out the PlexClientPlatforms key was missing in the Info.plist file. This key isn't needed when you install a plugin bundle maunally, but the store doesn't show the plugin if this key is missing. I added it and updated the version in the store. The plugin should become visible now (though maybe not immediately because of caching).

Enjoy !

THat seemed to have done the trick!!

Thanks amillion!!
  • yipikyeryipikyer Posts: 3Members
    edited December 2010
    Hi,

I installed the TOU.TV plugin with no problem.

It works fine selecting, watching a show, but when i get out of the program and try to go to the main menu, it crashes every time.

Anyone can help on this??
    That's odd.

What do you mean ? Does the plugin crash ? Or Plex itself ?

• yipikyeryipikyer Posts: 3Members
    I guess that Plex crashes because i see the Apple Box Stating that the Application inexpectady quit. Do you want to Ignore, Report or Lauch again
  • bway99bway99 Posts: 2Members
    I installed the plugin a few days ago and can't get it to show any video. It opens, lets me browse the contents of the media server but when I make a selection, instead of opening the stream, I get the following message after a few seconds
    :
    200, Stream not found, Netstream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip]' 'http://www.tou.tv/empty.html''

This happens no matter which selection I make. I can watch the same videos directly with the web browser on the website without any problems.

Any ideas? Did they move the files on the Tou.TV site and now we need a plugin update?

Running Plex version 0.9.2.5 and Plex tells me I have the most recent plugin version available.

Thank in advance!
    bway99 wrote:

I installed the plugin a few days ago and can't get it to show any video. It opens, lets me browse the contents of the media server but when I make a selection, instead of opening the stream, I get the following message after a few seconds
    :
    200, Stream not found, Netstream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip]' 'http://www.tou.tv/empty.html''

This happens no matter which selection I make. I can watch the same videos directly with the web browser on the website without any problems.

Any ideas? Did they move the files on the Tou.TV site and now we need a plugin update?

Running Plex version 0.9.2.5 and Plex tells me I have the most recent plugin version available.

Thank in advance!

Yeah I got the same problem at home. I'll try to find some time ASAP to investigate and fix the issue.
    I'll keep you posted.

Ok I just fixed the issue and pushed an update. Hopefully it should be available through Plex very soon.

Enjoy !